Nice pick

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi guys

Recently while visiting TG Central Neil showed me a pick I had never seen before, a tremolo pick. It was lying with a bunch of picks in the garage. It has two blades, one shorter than the other and gives a doubled impact on the strings when strumming. Makes almost a 12 string sound, certainly louder than normal. I've been trying it out on songs like Gypsy, Nights in White Satin and John Denver's The Eagle and the Hawk. I like the effect. Anyone know where to order these picks? Demo below.

crieniecat

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am

Chris.... I guess nobody knows, or had time to reply... :blink: :ohmy:

It makes for a good country song though.... "The endless search, Ride on cowboy, ride on! :laugh:

spinland

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 am

Hi, guys!

Sorry, hadn't seen that style of pick until you showed it to me and I don't know who makes them. I expect it'd be possible to discover something on the interwebz?

Mark

familyman4

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am

Chris,

Sorry I missed your question! Saw the post after Corina responded.

Anyway, this is a different design (link below) and looks to be too thick for precision of playing? IDK

I have never tried any "treble picks" before. I will start to keep an eye out for them when I travel to different music stores.

Bart

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am

Hey Chris

I the nearest came across was - Link : Twin Picks !
The blades are closer and identical in size.

Dermot

:ohmy:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Ah, thanks Corina, I thought I was having my first zero response thread ever at TG, saved the day :-).

Thanks Mark, Bart and Dermot for checking it out. Thanks for the links, I think I'll go for the ones you found Dermot, look about right.

Was with Corina in our favourite restaurant on Crete last week, Elia in Selia. We did a sing-along night for the proprietors, Nina and Nikos and about 30 Greek, German, British and Dutch guests with Walter (in German) and Perin (in Turkish) playing along too. Walter played a song he wrote for his Greek hosts together with Corina in German, English and Greek! I used the tremolo pick on Nights in White Satin, Knocking on Heaven's door, Country roads and Leaving on a Jet plane (brought the house down and tears to eyes!) and it boosted my 6 string Takamine greatly, helping to cut through the ambient noise, sounded like a 12 string!

Here is the warm up before the place filled up.

familyman4

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey Chris,
I decided to order some the "Twin Picks" myself just to see what they would be like.
Thanks....
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:19 pm

That's cool Bart! :)

spinland

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Hey Chris,
I decided to order some the "Twin Picks" myself just to see what they would be like.
Thanks....
Bart
Now I'm thinking I should try them out. Thanks to Bart I'n in "real" 12 string territory right now but I'm usually game to experiment with new stuff. :side:

Mark

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 pm

These picks certainly are fun mark. I have a 30 year old 12 string which I play often.... using the tremolo pick on that is fun too!
Really recommend people try them out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic