Busking Doug Young's Shenandoah, by CarolM242

michelew

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Carol,

That was truely beautiful. It's great to see you posting. You move so well, your picking and placement is precise and you've got great feeling. It's really touching.

I would normally say can we please see your face while you're playing (which is always enjoyable), but I have to admit that I really enjoyed watching your fingers move so well. It was sort of mesmerizing.

One thing that would make your videos even more enjoyable in the future, however, is to turn off other sources of sound in your house. There was a radio or a TV going and I found it a little hard to focus on your lovely playing.

Good on you for jumping in the video pool; wonderful playing.

Thanks for posting.

Michele

carolm242

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

:woohoo:
Holy Cow, Thank You everyone, for watching my video, and for taking the time to post such nice comments and encouragement!! It's great to play for such a friendly crowd :)
I enjoy making videos and messing around with different camera angles... and you can learn alot by watching yourself play, without the distraction of actually playing, if that makes sense.
And oops sorry about the background noise- I did have the TV turned on which I always do when I am practicing at home... Condo rules are no musical instruments, so I turn on the TV to camoflage the noise... I usually turn the TV down when I make a video, but I suppose it was 't low enough :/
The critter you saw was one of the kitties, Lucy. She was just circling around waiting for me to be done so she could jump up. Her sister Charlie is the audiophile. I could swear she is listening to me play, by the way her ears twitch, and she actually cringes when I hit a bad note!!! There's always a critic ;)
Anywayz thanks again for watching, you guys rock!!

michelew

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Great photo Carol.

My furry girls (who appear in my avatar) are my greatest fans too. :) they almost always join me when I'm playing; Kaylee the eldest especially. And the little one Coco would really prefer to sit on my lap (or the guitar itself if my lap isn't available). They keep me smiling. :)

Shel (animal lover). :)

vzg14

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:39 am

You already know how I feel about this video. It's always a pleasure to listen to your playing. :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Very nice Carol, great job and cool video angle again. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic