Busking Glenn Frey - I Dreamed There Was No War

spinland

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

Okay, daryl, finally took some personal time to add in a backing track. As I mentioned to Bart above, I have the entirety of the Miroslav Philharmonik orchestra at my literal fingertips, and a MIDI keyboard that's been gathering dust of late. Just hooked everything up in Logic Pro, ran some chords, and let the DAW handle the mix of specific strings depending on the notes being played. I'm not a conductor, and haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (riffing on some silly TV commercials from a few months back), but methinks the backing track came out well enough. It really does add something to the overall tune.

Mark

daryl

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks Mark! Much better. Now go and add a little bass guitar. :-)

TGNesh

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 am

Very very nice Mark, sounds great!

And also, now the notes appear in a musical context. Then they sound as if they fit and it just makes more sense musically, if you know what i mean. Great job!

Ness

Edit: So.....why play every note with a downstroke? There is an upstroke world out there too, you know! :laugh: :P

spinland

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 am

Thanks for the kind words, Ness, means a lot.

I'm still working on my alternate picking chops. For something this slow I figured I could get away with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P

Mark

spinland

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:49 pm

daryl wrote:
Now go and add a little bass guitar. :-)
How about I work that into my latest project? I'm looking at fun 12 string acoustic goodness along with vocals, a bass track, and a nice guitar solo. Whether I can deliver on all that remains to be seen but I'm optimistic. :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic