So Sad by The Everly Sisters - Collaboration by Claire & Vanessa

TGNesh

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey folks!

You just gotta love the online world! :cheer: It makes it possible to collaborate with whoever has access to it and in this case with someone who has a stunning voice and is also so easy to work with.

I have always loved The Everly Brothers ever since i was a little kid. Their harmonies were just fascinating to me. One of my favorites was (and still) So Sad, for which i recently recorded a lesson and a play through.

How i would've loved to have someone sing the harmonies along with me...when doing an Everly Brothers song, you just wánt them in there. :S

In anyway, it's never too late to do so after all. I once again reached out to Tom N.'s daughter Claire, with whom I've done a few Bon Jovi-collabs. We're both fans of them, but their music is quite a different genre! :dry: :laugh: :laugh: .

So I was thrilled that she immediately responded with a YES!! And what an awesome job she did!! I had absolutely no doubt she would, but it came out even better than I could've imagined.

Needless to say, I certainly hope you can see and hear why. :) :)

In any way, many many many thanks Claire!! I'm always very honoured to share the screen and vocals with you. Thanks to you too Tom, for making it so easy for us to collaborate. ;)

Sure hope you'll enjoy it folks!

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKN50bxQw8&lc= ... 2bk0h00410

michelew

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

I LOVE the Everly Sisters! Brilliant! Moving and gorgeous....

:kiss: :kiss:

sandysue

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:07 pm

I love that song. What a beautiful collaboration Ness and Claire. Love it. :)

wrsomers

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 am

TGNesh

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks so much dear friend! :kiss: I LOVE it that you love Claire and me together. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's awesome to have another vocalist who just joins in with no sweat at all. She sings with such ease and so beautifully. Doesn't matter if it's Bon Jovi or a sixties ballad. :laugh: And it's great that our voices blend so well, even though they're quite different. Pretty much like Corina and me.

In thruth, i have this 'secret' wish that with IGC Holland, she'll turn up with her dad. Now thát would be awesome! To finally sing together in a live situation. Well who knows, can't hurt to dream, right?! ;)

Thanks sweetie! xoxo

michelew wrote:
I LOVE the Everly Sisters! Brilliant! Moving and gorgeous....

:kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 am

Hey dear Sandy, thanks so much for tuning in and for your comment!

So happy that you've enjoyed it! :) :)

Come to think of....have you ever heard Emmylou Harris' version? I can totally see/hear you nail that actually. I think it would fit you like a glove. (Key of C, Capo I)

sandysue wrote:
I love that song. What a beautiful collaboration Ness and Claire. Love it. :)

TGNesh

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:22 am

Would you please delete the link Bill? Thanks.

wrsomers wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Hey folks!

How i would've loved to have someone sing the harmonies along with me...when doing an Everly Brothers song, you just wánt them in there. :S
Huh???

:(

PS, nice rendition Claire and Ness.

wrsomers

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Would you please delete the link Bill? Thanks.
Done and done...

Craig

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 pm

That was great Vanessa and Claire!

Thank you for sharing! You two sound great together.. once again!

Craig

tombo1230

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:35 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
As I'm sure you can imagine, it's awesome to have another vocalist who just joins in with no sweat at all. She sings with such ease and so beautifully. Doesn't matter if it's Bon Jovi or a sixties ballad. :laugh: And it's great that our voices blend so well, even though they're quite different. Pretty much like Corina and me.]

Hi Vanessa,
truth be known, Claire loves a variety of music and can sing just about anything. She probably knows more Cliff Richard songs than you do. :laugh: :) We were more than happy to help you out with this song as we could see it meant a lot to you. :) and Claire doesn’t need any persuading to sing. It is a real passion with her. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic