Musical snapshots from the concert at Ed's house to warm your hearts on a winter's day!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Deep into winter here when we should be facing the coldest days. Yesterday, I saw my first gimps of sun THIS YEAR!
Gets me down :( . So here are a couple of snap shots from the wonderful concert at ED's house in summer.
It was a wonderful evening at Ed's lovely house which has fantastic acoustics... as you will hear. Ed and his friend Lydia were very gracious and warm hosts. This is Corina and Vanessa at their best. Two stunning performances. :)

sandysue

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 pm

very beautiful Ness and Corina as always. I love your performances. :)

Sandy

crieniecat

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:00 am

sandysue wrote:
very beautiful Ness and Corina as always. I love your performances. :)

Sandy
Thank you so much Sandy! Always a great pleasure to perform with Vanessa.
After all these years it still is :woohoo:
If we can hide the giggles and the nerves (mostly mine!) magic happens, or maybe it does because of the nerves and the giggles :lol: :laugh:

Yes a big Thank You goes out to Ed and Lydia for arranging such a wonderful evening at the new house, which as mentioned by Chris has the most unbelievable acoustics one can imagine! Neil has video'ed the performances as well, so there must be footage of everyone there.

It was an evening with like minded people, beautiful music performances, lovely dinner and wine.
A treasure for the mind and soul to remember

Cheers,
Corina :kiss:

jayswett

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 am

Absolutely stunning. I wish the two of you did not live an ocean away.

michelew

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Jay I couldn’t agree with you more. I feel even further away than you must.

Chris thanks for posting these videos.

Ness and Corina - ... what to say? I’ve heard you both perform these two songs a number of times, including in person and somehow you keep raising the bar. Your connection to the songs and your great friendship shines through these performances so clearly.

The acoustics are fabulous. But more than that somehow you’re achieved a new level of sensitivity with both of these songs. On the second, your harmonies are really lovely and somehow it’s a little quieter, a little more touching, a little more nuanced.

Autumn Leaves - I’ve always love hearing you perform this together, but this version is stunning. Ness you support Corina so beautifully, you’ve given her the perfect platform to spread her musical wings. Corina - my gosh sweet woman, how high you fly ... the dynamics, the sensitive emotion, your soaring notes and confident power at the end. You’ve taken us on a beautiful and sorrowful journey of love and loss...

When you play together... magic happens; a magic which seems to get stronger and stronger. It’s a blessing to be able to experience it; even from half a world away. Thank you both for sharing it with us; it never gets old.

Hugs and kisses to you both.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

tombo1230

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:33 am

Well done ladies! Lovely vocals intertwined in harmony, set against a subtle but supporting background of beautiful guitar playing.
Pretty dam good really! :)

Tom N.

crieniecat

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 pm

jayswett wrote:
Absolutely stunning. I wish the two of you did not live an ocean away.
Jay what can I say other than.... I AGREE! It should be simpeler than to fly for about 11-12 hours to meet each other right?!
Aaargh... for now we have the internet and these videos to share and enjoy.
I'm grateful that you've enjoyed these so much! Big hug for you and hope to see you soon again and maybe :woohoo: do a duet this time?

:kiss: Corina.

crieniecat

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Shel.... eeehm... where to start... :blush:

Your response to these videos is like poetry for the mind and soul.
What a praise and how heartwarming to read.
I think these songs have grown with every time we've sung and played them. If I look back to the play through on Autumn leaves then and how we perform it now... there's the ocean (of differences here) Jay is mentioning :lol:

You can imagine having a song fresh in your head, all so new and still in search for the best intonation, feel, softness or playfulness... these things can only grow while performing.
Now for those who think Ness and I practice every week/month or even three months... nope... we don't :ohmy:
So yes it's a true pleasure to me to sing them all again, over and over at the risk of overdoing it, when we do meet up :laugh: :blink: :P :silly:

A big hug and thank you so much my dear friend. Can't wait until the TZZ blast again here on TG. B)

crieniecat

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Well done ladies! Lovely vocals intertwined in harmony, set against a subtle but supporting background of beautiful guitar playing.
Pretty dam good really! :)

Tom N.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Tom that is so good to hear!
Pretty damn good eh?! That's another big compliment I will cherish! :lol:

Looking forward to see you at the Eureopean guitar camp. We'll have great fun I'm sure.
It's been too long Tom.
Please say HI to Claire from me, hope she's doing well.

Thank you so much!!

TGNesh

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:20 am

Heeeeeey you lovely ladies and gentlemen! :) :)

And such lovely comments in here....really very much appreciated. :cheer: :kiss:

The acoustics in Ed and Lydia's place were óut of this world fantastic.... :ohmy: And Ed's guitar sounds so gorgeous. I even really enjoyed my own playing :laugh: , it sounded só good! What a difference a high end guitar makes for that matter.

As for Autumn Leaves....for me in thruth, i have never played the song better than i did in our original recording (it's one out of two of all the recordings i've ever done, in which i played every note right). At Ed's place I played.....well fár from perfect.... :S But hey, I guess pretending everything goes perfectly well and aging + awesome acoustics help :laugh: :laugh:

In any way, i have this 'secret' wish that we'll do this again next summer at their place. Hopefully we'll have some new material then. ;) Like Corina says, those songs are always a joy to play/sing together, they never get old. But i'm always a little afraid that the audience would feel differently about that. :laugh: So yeah, we'll try to come up with a few more new songs.

This was a special night and really nice to share, so thank you very much for your lovely comments. Hugs all around! :cheer:

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic