Neil & Chris jamming Year of the Cat.... Fly on the Wall

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Just got through a week of snow and temperatures down to minus 10 C (a week ago now) here but the last few days have warmed up so I'm beginning to believe in the possibility of warm balmy nights and amazing Californian reds happening again one day.

This is a Fly on the Wall (deck, more like) from last August in Los Gatos. Really enjoyed reliving it, hope you enjoy too...

daryl

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:19 pm

That was fun. Looks like it was a great evening.

sandysue

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Wow Chris and Neil that was a really nice duo. Chris, I loved how Neil was calling out chords for you while he was busy playing lead guitar at the same time. Nice vocals. Awesome. :) :) :)

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Chris, that's a great video of you and Neil.
What a great sound.

Thanks for posting it.

Dermot

:)

michelew

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:01 pm

I enjoyed that sneaky treat. :)

Could this be the beginning of the “beatle near the BBQ” or the “Spy(der) on the speaker” sessions. :)

You had me grinning a few times as Neil issued his chord change commands. But Chris you just keep strumming, adjusted and kept singing. Brilliant discipline.

Thanks for sharing. That was a bit like being there.

Xx

Shel

TGNesh

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 am

That is a reeeeeally nice tbt!! And a lovely evening it was. :) :)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks for tuning in Daryl, Sandy, Dermot, Shel and Ness! It certainly was a lovely night and there were quite a few of them!
What a joy it is to have a stash of videos to turn to during these cold wintry nights here. Thanks Corina for whipping out your phone to capture so many of these moments... and special thanks for not singing along and drowning us out on this one :laugh: ... I think by this point you'd controlled your urge to sing as you'd realize you'd be too close to the mic compared to us :) .

I had never quite anchored the chord transitions on this as it moves to the wonderful solo, so I needed to ask Neil where to go to. I found I was not quite quick enough to instantly follow the instruction live but just kept going as Neil didn't stop. I actually think Neil has at least two brains, one dealing effortlessly with the music, the other dealing with everything else simultaneously, including talking while playing a solo, coaching the dullard :laugh: playing with him and probably doing a number of other things at the same time :laugh: . One of the fastest thinkers and functionally intelligent people I have ever met. Quite brilliant.

Yes, its like being there again. tbt: you mean to be there, Ness?

“beatle near the BBQ” or the “Spy(der) on the speaker”
:laugh: Love it Shel!

There was another surreal moment where we'd dined and wined and played some (maybe it was later this evening) and we were just spacing out listening with eyes closed to Karen Carpenter singing Masquerade coming through the garden speakers with Corina singing along live in absolute, perfect unison. An unbelievably beautiful moment. A unique moment, I thought, until a couple of weeks back she did it again at friend's house after I'd told him about the original occasion and he wanted proof... :)

crieniecat

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Such wonderful memories... certainly brings back the summer feel B)
As soon as you guys started to play and sing, I knew I had to grab my phone and record....

And yes I recall that Carpenters moment where I sang with the original recording...
VERY special and VERY lovely to have you both drifting away on the melody....

:kiss:
Corina.

dekotaj

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Thank you two.
enjoyed very much

Bravo Kev

tjwatson10167

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 am

Very nice Chris & Neil.

Looks like a great summers evening in one of my favorite places to visit. Always great people, great music, and magic always seems to happen.

Blue Skies and warm evenings.

Ted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic