Progress video - Kathy’s Song

michelew

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Daryl, Sandy, Craig, Ness, Kev, Chris, Tom, Bob and Bart,

Thanks everyone for being so sweet and supportive, so encouraging. That’s one of the many things I love about sharing stuff on TG. I also love that you all know what’s involved in learning a song, singing it, recording it and posting it; and the challenges involved in each of those steps.

I tried to record this on the weekend and ended up with a couple of incomplete takes spoiled by dogs barking. Yesterday I had about ... 30 min... maybe a little more to record, edit the video and post. I was tempted to wait for another day when I could try again to get a better take, but I thought it was going to be a little while. So I decided to put my pride aside and post an imperfect video. This is a learning site after all. :)

Daryl - thanks - I’m using an iMic, USB into GarageBand. Now that I’ve got a mic stand it’s much easier to position it so I’m getting fairly reasonable sound. In truth, I wasn’t happy with the balance, a bit too much voice, but it was good enough for a WIP video.

Ness - thank you... I do think nerves is a huge part of it. But yes I need to iron out a few kinks too and slow those right down while practicing. Right?!? D/F# - yep you’re right of course. I think you’ve pointed that one out before, or a similar shape. I’ll go back and work it again. :). Actually, it may have been simply D, which I guess is same, same. But, to D drill boot camp with me. I’ll start this afternoon. :)

Thanks again. I’ll post again a little while from now when I have it in a little better shape and I’ve managed to ... reeeeellaaaaaaaaax a little more in front of the camera. :)

Shel

crieniecat

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Shel!! How lovely to see you and I agree with what's said before, recording is scary stuff!
I'm glad you've found yourself encouraged enough to post a, like you say, imperfect video....
And that might be a nice new thread as well, " what makes a video/recording perfect....?"

Well to me, seeing you, hearing you sing and play this wonderful song is truly wonderful, as it inspires me and hopefully inspires others to overcome their own hesitation and shyness or maybe being too much of a perfectionist... whatever reason someone might have for not posting anything....

You've by now seen Chris post video's of us or me doing a first try out and I am fully aware I am nervous to record and yes in need to polish them warts up, :lol: but, as we are here at TG learning and sharing our love for music, it's very fine with me.

Thank you sweet Shel for sharing your talent with us here. You always inspire xx

:kiss: Corina

michelew

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:29 am

Corina,

You’re the sweetest. :kiss:

Thank you sweet friend.

Shel :kiss:

tjwatson10167

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Michelle,

I loved it. Its hard enough strumming and singing, much less fingerpicking and singing. Oh, and lets don't forget recording it too. Well played....but you owe us 3 more versus. Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend.

See ya,

Ted

michelew

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks Ted! You put a big smile on my face. :) and noted, I owe you all three verses. :).

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic