Progress video - Kathy’s Song

michelew

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 am

Hi everyone,

Today I confirmed that recording SUCKS!! But, I’ve been advising people to post progress videos so I thought it was time I did the same.

Here’s a progress video of Kathy’s Song, warts and all. Basically once I was in front of the camera it feel apart, revealing all of my weaknesses in this song; my singing is choked, I’m getting dud notes... and I got distracted at the end.. and got lost in the progression .... but hey ... recording sucks.

Of course I now know the bits I need to work on more, like the outro, ahhh amongst other things. But hopefully it will be better next time.

I have actually been singing all six verses, but I figured three was enough today. :)

I invite others to post something they’re working on at the moment too. Yeh recording sucks, but that’s just the way it is. ;)

Thanks

Michele

daryl

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 am

Agreed. Recording sucks. The best thing about digital recordings is that they can easily be deleted before anyone else sees them. So there's that.

I'll bet that Neil or Vanessa will come by with lots of suggestions to help you with your weak spots. But I totally expect that you will perfect this song in time. BTW the sound quality of your recording is great.

sandysue

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm

That’s really pretty Michele. You sound great. I love that song. :) :) :)

Sandy

Craig

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Nice work Michele. You're not as far away from being where you want as it might seem since we are all our own worst critics. A little time and work and you'll have this cleaned up. Looking forward to seeing your polished version soon!

Craig

TGNesh

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

You brave, brave woman! :)

Yeah....i know recording is hard... :S

But you pulled it off anyway! :cheer:

I think most of your 'weaknesses' fall into the same category. They (the warts) happen because of tension and stress, which is of course due to recording... :dry:

Once relaxed you'd do a great job at it, I'm sure. One thing though, you gotta fix the D/F#. Your little finger didn't get the chance to be in time when you learned that shape. Now it'll always be a tad to late. So you gotta go back to basics with that one.

Many thanks for sharing your progress dear Shel, i of course know how much work it takes.

Now relax girl! ;) :kiss:

dekotaj

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm

keep up the good work Sis.

Kev

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:43 pm

I really enjoyed that Shel, every bit of it. Its sounding lovely already and I can see and hear how much you have worked on it already. Really nice! Great job.... I hope others will show a bit what they are working on, warts an' all.... :)

Thanks for putting yourself out there again, encouraging others to do the same. You are great at inspiring others.

tombo1230

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Hey Shell,
you’re too hard on yourself, that was lovely. Just keep practicing and you will have it as good as you want it to be. You have already done a lot of work to get it this good, so keep going.
It’s a great song to have in your repertoire :)

Tom N.

BobR

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Michele,

I thought that was really well done :). Yeah, you had some very minor warts, but overall it sounded fine.

bob

familyman4

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello Michele,
I enjoyed your W.I.P. video. You've certainly got the meat of the song under your fingertips....

Thank you for pisting!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic