First busking post

elennon

Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 am

So finally i get around to posting a video , assuming it all works since i dont really know what i am doing.
My fathers health has taken a downturn so i am travelling between scotland and holland a lot at present. I had some downtime between hospital visits so i thought i would try to finally see if i could post something. I am using sitting here in my fathers house using my sons little Taylor gs mini which i have borrowed during my time in scotland. Hope this works out ! And Vanessa i know i speeded up a bit and those hammer on pull offs stil need work :)

elennon

Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 am

Mmm that seemed to work well NOT, any guidance on how to upload a video much appreciated

tombo1230

Sun May 20, 2018 11:33 am

elennon wrote:
Mmm that seemed to work well NOT, any guidance on ho to upload a video much appreciated

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... ature.html

This is the guide to uploading a Busking video. Or if your video is already on Vimeo or utube just put a link to it here and it will be available usually.

Cheers,

Tom.

elennon

Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 am

Hi Tom

Thanks for the guidance. I don't think I will bother for now, seems to be a lot of effort to do something which today's technology should do with a couple of clicks. By the time I read all the steps , do the reformatting etc. it will take me longer than it did to learn the song :-)

Not a very customer friendly application from my initial experience. No mention of max. file size, and I even got a message" compressing video" after I selected the file to upload ,which apparently does nothing. Ah well , I will just go back to playing guitar :-)

Cheers
Eric

elennon

Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 am

Gave up fluffing around with the uploader

here is a youtube link which if I am lucky will work

cheers
eric

familyman4

Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 am

Hello Eric.

Thank you for your persistence in getting your video uploaded!!! I know you had a bit of a frustrating technological fight on your hands but it sure was a pleasure hearing your play! This is one of several Eric Clapton songs that I always enjoy playing and listening to, you did it justice my friend! Thanks For Sharing!

Good luck with your father, I hope he is feeling better soon!

Bart

elennon

Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 am

Cheers Bart , you are very kind, bit scary doing the first of these , also just relieved it worked.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 21, 2018 11:45 am

Well played sir! That is very nice indeed Eric, brilliant first upload! really well played and sung, a lot of feeling in your expression (voice). I am so glad you stuck with it and got it up eventually. I guess its a rite of passage here at TG to go through the mangle on the busking uploader :laugh: . Seems to work/not work. Youtube link is the safest way, I guess. Are you playing a Taylor? Sound and video is excellent.

Chris

spinland

Mon May 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Wonderful! I endorse your YouTube approach, that's the only reliable avenue I've found in the past myself.

Thank you so much for sharing that gem.

BobR

Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Eric,
I am glad you were able to get this posted. I enjoyed it very much
Thanks for sharing.
I hope your father gets well soon

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic