The Land of Make Believe

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Its been a while. After a fantastic summer in the US visiting Neil & Nani, Bart, Craig, Jason and Camp and having Neil, Nani, Corina and Marc Weston over in Zürich, the rain has set in today and autumn is knocking on the door. Here's a song to open the "At home by the hearth" season. From MB's Seventh Sojourn album. And I will be back with some vids and stories from this year's camp and summer travels in a later thread...

Craig

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Chris!

If you have to stay indoors, that's a great way to spend the day! Your recording sounds great. Vocals are wonderful as always. There are some quick chord changes in there that were really smooth.

Nice to see you again.

Craig

elennon

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Really impressive Chris.

btw, is that a Cedar top guitar ? :-)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Many thanks for tuning in Craig and Eric!

Its nice to be back playing after 3 weeks of working every day after camp.... I literally got of the plane and went to work and only got a day off 21 days later! So not much time for playing. Its been 5 weeks now so I got another couple of days rest. No Margaritas though Craig! Craig makes the very best Margaritas ever!

Yes Eric, you win 10 points for Gryffindor for spotting a Ceder top. You cheated 'cos you know all my guitars are Ceder tops! :laugh: Hope all is well in NL and with your Dad. Today, I played the video of me playing that Ceder top Goodall in the store in Santa Cruz.... what a sound, its still ringing in my ears!

daryl

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 am

Hey Chris. I've gotta say that your playing is much more relaxed than in the past. Your strumming is very relaxed and smooth (not stiff and mechanical). Also, how did you get the color effect in the video (B&W with yellow flowers)?

TGMax

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Sounding great Chris! Keep it up man :cheer:

crieniecat

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Very nice Chris!

TGNess will be proud to see you pick up on her tips and tricks B)
Now I hear Neil say; what about the theory? ;) :laugh:
I say, beautifully sang, as it is a difficult song to sing. :)

elennon

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Chris it is true i used my insider info. That Goodall was indeed a very loud guitar

familyman4

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello Chris,

Sorry I am a bit late to the party! Very nicely done!

I am happy that you didn't lose your skills working for 3 weeks straight with no playing. Is this another M.B. song? I have a bet with a few people about how many Moody Blues songs you know. I think that I will win the bet... :cheer:

Now I am off to my own "land of make believe". Back to work....

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Many thanks for tuning in Daryl, Max, Corina and Bart :)

Thanks Daryl, nice to hear my progress is noticeable :) . I have worked a lot on strumming with and without a pick over the past years and feel very relaxed about it by now. I still have a lot of goals I want to reach on strumming, for example, AMERICA's Three Roses which has some very strongly accentuated rhythm strumming going on which Geoff was able to demo to me at camp. That's on I would love to nail down, for sure. As for the monochrome yellow in the B/W video, I have no idea how that happened but, strangely enough, I was thinking it would be cool if I could pull out just one colour as I applied the grey filter in AVS editing. Bing! The yellow roses show up! Not the first time an odd glitch has turned up in one of my vids and worked nicely.

Thanks Max, its great to have you tune in and comment and great to have met you at camp. I really appreciate your skills, knowledge and very cool style!

Corina, that really you :ohmy: Can't believe you found your way back to the forum! :laugh: Thanks :)
I think I have a video somewhere of Vanessa and Neil actually delivering a few of those tips :laugh: ... see below!

Hey Bart, nice to see you back from Espania! Yes, another MB song :laugh: ... let me just count how many I can play now..... er.... well, I am working on number 20 and there are 3 or four more I'd love to learn.... :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic