Busking an Original Song - With my new (to me) Santa Cruz!!!

kelemenj

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Been awhile since I uploaded anything. Here is an original tune I just came up with. The guitar is a 2006 Orchestra Model w/ Pre-war Bracing Sitka spruce top with Mahogany Back and sides. I am recording from the camcorders onboard microphone with no processing or editing. This guitar is so much greater than the sum of its parts. It's Got Mojo for sure!! Once again I exceeded the megs to use the uploader so the YouTube link is:

daryl

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:44 pm

I swear that could have been a long lost Tom Petty song! Nice guitar BTW.

TGNesh

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 am

I like your song John, well done. Great sounding guitar, and for what it's worth, you look great too!

auntlynnie

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am

That was really good! I'm impressed not only with the song itself, but your fingerpicking (rock solid tempo and never missed a note), and singing at the same time. That's a wonderful skill. As always, you look so happy when performing.
Well done!
Lynn

photomichael

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Great song and great job on both playing and singing!

tombo1230

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Great song John, really liked what you did there. Nice progression married to beautiful lyrics.
Well done!

Great sounding guitar, looks great!

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Nice guitar, shame about the song John !

TheresHopeYet

kelemenj

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks Daryl - I do love me some Tom Petty, It may have seeped in there,

Hey Ness - Thank You, I appreciate it.

Lynne - Nice of you to say :) :) :)

Michael - Thanks! You have very few posts, I am guessing you are new to the forum so welcome aboard.

Tom - Thanks a bunch my friend!

thereshopeyet wrote:
Nice guitar, shame about the song John !

TheresHopeYet

Dermot - Thanks for the chuckle! - Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

Teddy Roosevelt said it better though.....

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

[/size]

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic