Busking Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues

spinland

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:13 pm

My first experiment with trying to record one of my local open mic sets with my iPhone. More to come.

[video type=youtube]w-Cz9ycmAf0[/video]

heatndude

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:50 am

Johnny's in the house!!!!

Good stuff

daryl

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:29 am

Thanks Mark! You seem quite relaxed there and the sound quality is quite reasonable for the setup. Your voice and guitar sound good. But where could you place the camera so that your guitar playing is not hidden by the music stand? I guess it would help if you didn't need the stand (at all) or if you could use a tablet mounted on a microphone stand somehow. What are you using the stand for? Chords? Lyrics? Other?

spinland

Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:59 am

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, daryl, the layout left a lot to be desired. Also I couldn't record anyone else because I'd be sitting right in the way. The venue is "cozy" and has limited places to stick a camera but now that I've tried it once I can work on refining the process.

The answer to the easel question is "both." I played without visual aids at IGC but that was one song that I had the better part of a day to prep for. Here I'm doing 6-7 songs every week and (ideally) at least one is new. I simply do not have the time during the week to rehearse everything to the point I'm comfortable not having the reminders there.

I plan both to work out a better camera spot (it was on a little tripod on the bar in front of my seat) and a low-visibility prompter like maybe attach my iPad to the mic stand. :side:

Mark

Craig

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Nice to see you in action Mark!

Good job and a good song choice!

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic