Spinny's open mic mini-set, 27 Dec 2018

spinland

Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:07 am

So, I was late to the party and only scored a 15 minute time slot. As luck would have it, the organizer brought in a professional videographer on that day so I was able to get a decent video of the set without needing to bring my own gear.

Sorry, Ness: I know I didn't hit all the strumming marks in the Last Resort re-do, but it's still a work in progress. I still sometimes get herky-jerky with the strumming when my emotions and focus are wrapped up in the moment. Some day it'll all come together. In the meantime boyz just wanna have fun. :silly:

EDIT: the video tag seems to have stopped working for me; this is the second time it's not embedded the video. Let's try just the link:

EDIT V2: Thanks, daryl! That fixed things right up. :side:

daryl

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 am

Gotta use the youtube.com URL (not the youtu.be one).

daryl

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 am

Good for you Mark. Much better this time. Glad to see (and hear) you tuning the guitar between songs. Pretty amazing how far out of tune the guitar gets just by moving the capo! You did seem more nervous this time out. Good quality with the video and audio. Any idea why the videographer was there?

spinland

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks, daryl. I was a little rattled by the big, professional-looking camera in my face. :dry:

The organizer brought him in to do a live stream to her FaceBook feed. Running open mic events around the area is her primary source of income and she likes to experiment with various ways to promote them and bring customers into the venues (which benefits her indirectly). It's not the first time she's done this, but the first time I performed during.

daryl

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Not only would I be a basket case performing in front of people, but I would be shaking all over if there was a huge camera pointing at me. :-(

spinland

Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:15 pm

daryl wrote:
Not only would I be a basket case performing in front of people, but I would be shaking all over if there was a huge camera pointing at me. :-(
I've had butterflies every time I go up, ever since my first-ever foray at IGC 2017. It gets better over time, but slowly.

TGNesh

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 am

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pm

First time I've seen you with that see through guitar Mark! Loved the John Denver. Nice to see you getting these open mics done :)

spinland

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:42 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
First time I've seen you with that see through guitar Mark! Loved the John Denver. Nice to see you getting these open mics done :)
Thanks, Chris! Yeah, I haven't had it very long; I rather like it. I call it my Air Guitar. :silly:

The venue holds an open mic most every Thursday and I'm doing my best to make all of them. I figure it can only help to keep going up as much as I can. They're extremely friendly and supportive, no pressure or judgement.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic