Lisa & Sandy at LG Coffee

sandysue

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:39 am

TGVanessa wrote:
And I was there to witness it in real time! :cheer:

I agree with everyone else, this was a fabulous performance and you two make an awesome duo! I loved it then, and now again!!

Ness :kiss:
Thank you Vanessa. We all had a great time together that night. Your performance was awesome. You picked two songs that everyone loved and you did a fabulous job performing. Everyone even clapped and sang along with you It was great.

Sandy :)

Craig

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Sandy & Lisa,

Great job! Wow, I'm so impressed! Congratulations to both of you!

I'm curious like Daryl. How long did you practice that song? Have you performed it before at other open mics? Do you have other songs up your sleeves that are performance ready? If so, what are they?

Sorry so many questions. It's just that I am inspired and impressed with people who 1. are willing to get up and perform in public and 2. do such a great job like you two did!

Craig

sandysue

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Craig wrote:
Sandy & Lisa,

Great job! Wow, I'm so impressed! Congratulations to both of you!

I'm curious like Daryl. How long did you practice that song? Have you performed it before at other open mics? Do you have other songs up your sleeves that are performance ready? If so, what are they?

Sorry so many questions. It's just that I am inspired and impressed with people who 1. are willing to get up and perform in public and 2. do such a great job like you two did!

Craig
Thank you Craig. Those are great questions. Lisa and I started going to open mics this year about once a month. We just decided a few days ago to do a collaboration together for the first time. Lisa picked the song. She is getting up to speed on playing it and I learned to play diamonds and rust about a year ago. Since Lisa has such a pretty voice we decided that I would play the guitar and she would sing. We only practiced the night before while taking a lesson with Neil but since we both already knew the song it seemed to come together fairly quickly. I try to play songs at open mic that I really know well because being prepared seems to help with the nervousness that goes along with performing for other people. :S

LisaC

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm

HI Everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. I have been trying to play this song for quite a while actually, and have never gotten very smooth with it at all. Since Sandy and i had both been practicing it, it was pretty easy to put together. Some coaching from Neil the night before, as Sandy mentioned.

Thanks Victor, Doug, Vanessa, and Neil for joining us that night. So much fun!

I can't wait to see everyone at camp!!
Lisa

BobR

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:10 am

Sandy and Lisa,

Very nice to see and hear both of you. A fine performance to be sure.

See you both at camp.

Bob

jcrocket

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Wow, that was great! You guys sound really good together - can we look forward to an encore performance at camp?

See you soon,

Jeff

sandysue

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Thank you Bob and Jeff for watching our video and giving us such nice compliments. I’m so glad I’ll get to see both of you at camp again this year. Can’t wait. :) :)

Rbinding

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:24 pm

What a great song and a wonderful performance you two! Makes me think I need to move to California to see more of your open mics!

Ron

vzg14

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:29 am

Having seen it live, I can tell you that it was pure gold. What a super performance Lisa and Sandy. It's always a fun time when I can join you all at Open Mic. I look forward to many more OMs together.

-Victor

sandysue

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am

Rbinding wrote:
What a great song and a wonderful performance you two! Makes me think I need to move to California to see more of your open mics!

Ron
Thank you so much Ron. Of course we would love you to move to California and share your music with us. We would all go play at open mic together. :) :)
We will really miss you at camp this year. :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic