Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan/Adele

Craig

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:23 pm

dtaylor

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Beautiful work, Craig. Congratulations on getting this composition down. If I were to offer advice I'd say you could work on sustaining notes (@0:57) and dynamics (volume and attack).

Thanks for posting,very inspiring :)

daryl

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi Craig! Good job (but you still need to work on it). I saw your hands shaking at times near the end (that damn camera!). :-(

Do you have a DAW program that you like? Audacity? Reaper? Something else? If so, import your video (or audio portion) into it and then change the playback speed to something like 85% or 90%. Work at that speed and see if you can get a little emotion in the melody. This is a really heartfelt song and the melody needs to show that. Also, make sure the melody notes don't get cut short (playing at a slower speed should help). But all in all, you did a really good job. Keep it up and keep posting!

sandysue

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Very nice Craig. I love that song. I love the running baseline and you’ve done a good job of picking out the melody. :)

Sandy :)

familyman4

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:32 am

Hello Craig,

All of your hard work is paying off! This song is sounding really good under your fingers.

I can tell that you are singing the song in your head. I actually think that in most cases, playing an instrumental like this is much harder than playing a song and singing along with it. Simply because there is only 1 instrument to listen to, and not the voice to fill in the gaps. Keep up the great work!

Bart

Craig

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Dean, Daryl, Sandy, & Bart,

Thank you for taking the time to watch and comment. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement as well as the advice/suggestions.

Thanks again,

Craig

TGNesh

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am

What a beautiful job Craig!!

You got all the chords, picking and so on down, and are even able to play it all the way through as well. That's a great accomplishment!

The next step would be to follow up on Dean's suggestions. Make sure to sustain the melody notes and play around with dynamics. It would indeed add to the emotion of the song.

This is not neccessarily easy. Try to pay attention to every note you're playing (this is not easy as well) and listen to how it comes out and how you want it to come out. Bassnotes have a purpose, so do melodynotes, and of course fillernotes. They all need to be treated differently, according to their place and purpose in the song.

All in all, very well done my friend and many thanks for sharing your work!

Ness

Craig

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:35 am

Vanessa,

Thank you for watching and the feedback. I also appreciate the suggestions. I knew I killed some of the melody notes (especially in the chorus) and played some filler notes too loudly when they should be more background notes. Playing the notes with more variations in volume and emotion as you, Dean, and Daryl suggest is something I'm conscience of and trying to work on. Of course the first step is playing the correct notes which I feel I'm at on this song... so on to the next step!

Thanks again,

Craig

dekotaj

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Bravo! Craig, Great job all around. I do agree with Mr Dtaylor on volume

Kev

Craig

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:17 am

Hey Kev,

Thanks for checking in and taking a look. I appreciate the support!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic