Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Craig

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks Dean!

I'm happy that you watched and commented because I wanted you to know that it was you that actually inspired me to post this. I was debating in my mind to post or not and was leaning towards not. Then I watched your "Auld Lang Syne", which was great by the way, then saw your post along with Uncle Walt regarding "where is everybody?" on the forum and figured maybe I should post.

It's unfortunate, in my opinion, that more people don't post. When TG first started it was the support and encouragement from the forum that kept me plugging away and not giving up and making firewood out of my guitar! Plus it was just fun seeing what other people were working on. And watching the improvement of TG members over the years was awesome! Selfishly, it makes me practice a little harder knowing I'm going to record something when normally I'd get lazy. I think it would be great if all Target members posted one video a year.

Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soap box. Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment.

Your support, encouragement, and feedback have meant a lot to me over the years!

Thanks again,

Craig

dtaylor

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Craig,
it's a great treat to see what people are working on, and getting feedback and encouragement goes a long way to get one wanting to practice.
I think the most progress I've made is in order learn something new to play it all the way through. I intend to post a lot more (and try not to outstay my welcome :)) when I get a decent mic set-up.

I look forward to your update on Somewhere Over the Rainbow soon.

All the best,
Dean

willem

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:24 am

Wow,that shows your progres in playing instrumentals.I like it more and more playing the guitar this way , I practice 3 tunes,, yesterday,,Let it be and,, in my life,,

Cheers

Craig

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks Willem!

I really like the instrumentals too. They are very pretty and I'm not comfortable with my singing voice so it works out great.

the chord solo version of "In my life" is on my list to learn this year... hopefully!

Thanks again,

Craig

tombo1230

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Craig wrote:
Chris,

Tom,

Thanks for watching. You are right, I put some time into this one but it's such a great song that I thought it would be worth it. Still working on cleaning it up but isn't that always the case?! :laugh:

Craig
Craig, the great thing is you are stretching yourself and yes some tunes hang around for a long time and just get better over time, these are project songs, don't forget that you should also do some easier songs for fun, so that you don't always associate playing guitar with hard work or even a slow struggle. Fun songs and a project song or even two, gives a good balance. Great work!

Tom N.

Craig

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Thanks Tom N.

Great advice!!! It is supposed to be a for fun hobby, isn't it? :laugh: The trick is finding a project that will challenge me but isn't over my ability level. Some may say this one is over my ability level! :laugh:

I usually have one "project" that will take months to get to any level of "competence". Then an easier one that I can just play without much concentration while watching TV at night... along with the ones I know well already that I'm always playing to keep the rust off.

Thanks for watching,

Craig

michelew

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Craig,

WOW! That was absolutely beautiful.

I can only imagine how much work it’s taken you to make it that smooth too.

Dead impressed.

Thanks for sharing and sorry I’m so late.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic