Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Craig

Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:03 pm

TGNesh

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:42 am

Wow.....my friend, what a great job! :cheer:

And i'm sure quite a bit of work to get that all worked out, so many chords and shapes :ohmy: ... did you memorize all this? :dry:

Regardless, i still think it's impressive. :P Nice rolls!!!

Possible suggestions might be alternating right hand fingers, sustain notes in some spots, you know.. ;) Btw.....ever considered growing a little bit of nails? :laugh:

Awesome job Craig, many thanks for posting!!! :cheer: :kiss:

Ness

daryl

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 am

Craig, I'm super super impressed.. Well done. Whose arrangement are you playing?

Craig

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi Vanessa!

Thank you for the nice words. I did memorize it. Funny you should mention this because I was just wondering the other day why some songs I can memorize fairly easily and other songs that are relatively simple I get a mental block on??? Does this happen to everyone?

As you well know, sustaining certain notes and getting my pinky finger closer to the frets are always a work in progress with me!

You mentioned the nails to me last summer... I might still need a little more convincing!

Thanks,

Chat with you soon!

Craig

Craig

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment. I've always wanted to learn this song, I couldn't find a lesson from Neil on it so I got this arrangement through our friend Bart "Familyman" from a site called, "Jerry's guitar bar". I did find a lesson from Max that is great, it's a little more jazzy, but I found it after I had already committed to this version and i didn't want to start over again at that point!

I always appreciate your support and encouragement.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Fantastic job Craig, well done!

It was just like the old days, the headless performer

tombo1230

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:37 am

Well done Craig, you have been putting in the time on that one obviously and it shows.

Tom N.

familyman4

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 am

Beautiful job Craig!

You put a lot of time & energy into this song buddy. And it certainly paid off big time for you! This is one to keep playing so you'll always have it in the arsenal to pull from.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Bart

Craig

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Chris,

Thanks for checking in. Great to hear from you. Yes, just like the old days of the first video posts without heads! We've come full circle! :laugh:

Tom,

Thanks for watching. You are right, I put some time into this one but it's such a great song that I thought it would be worth it. Still working on cleaning it up but isn't that always the case?! :laugh:

Bart,

Thanks, I agree on having this one in my repertoire since it's such a classic song that everybody recognizes. I have it memorized, now I just want to get it to where it comes more natural through repetition and I don't have to think so hard!

Craig

dtaylor

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Congratulations Craig on getting a Holy Grail tune under your fingers. Now to enjoy it mature and improve over time. Stick with it and it'll improve your ability all round.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic