busking Tom Petty

jimi40

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:48 am

Hope everyone is staying safe. Here is some quarantined Tom Petty. Thanks for watching

familyman4

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:35 am

Great to see the band is back together! You can never go wrong with a Petty song.

So, your daughter did a really good job with her vocals and junior is sounding great on the drums! Dad's the rock keeping the band together and driving the song forward......

Thank you so much for posting today!

Stay safe....
Bart

Rbinding

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Great job you guys! What a wonderful way to spend family time together during this crazy time in our lives. It's always fun to see and hear you play - even if it's not the Grateful Dead!

Ron

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:58 am

Wonderful job Jim and the kids (please remind us of their names :dry: )! That brightened up the day :)
Learning to fly while locked down at home, nice! The drumming was great really enjoyed it! You daughters strumming hand is looking silky smooth and she sang that well. Congrats guys!

jcrocket

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 pm

The band is sounding really good! What a great way to spend some family time during these stressful days.

Thanks for posting.

Jeff

auntlynnie

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:54 am

Fantastic!

That was great!

Lynn

jimi40

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm

thank you

Gabriella and Ryan

TGNeil

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Hey Jim,

Great video and very cool to see the family playing together. You may know that I have been fortunate to enjoy sharing music with my kids as well. As a matter of fact my daughter Rebecca and I just had a Zoom meeting where she wanted help with Here Comes The Sun. She has not been playing much lately as she is in the last few quarters of her chiropractic program here in Northern California. It was fun to help her work out some of her obstacles in it.

I really enjoyed what you were doing with Gabriella and Ryan, as well as your little break. I think you might get a lot out of my lesson on triads (Lead Secrets), which is geared toward second guitar playing as alternate accompaniment parts, rather than multiple guitars strumming the same chords.

Thanks for posting a very enjoyable video.

All the best,

Neil

jimi40

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 pm

thanks everyone for the kind responses and thanks Neil for the suggestion. I have tried to use triads in the past to accompany my daughter but felt like this song needed the jangly sound of open chords.

I have been mostly trying to add fills or solos and concentrating on the proper scales to use

I recently played Fire on the Mountain with Gabriella where I added a solo using both the E scale over the A or B chord and the A scale over the A chord and B scale over the B chord. I will post the video, curious what you think, thanks

TGNesh

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:47 am

Very impressed with you guys!!!

I've already mentioned your daughter in the other video Jimi, and a definitely want to compliment your son in here as well, fabulous job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic