Busking Kathy's Song and Onderweg

TGNesh

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:52 am

Hey folks!

It's been like forever since I've posted a 'busking'-song. The main reason being really busy with lessons, and therefor play throughs.

But I do have more time on my hands now, due to Covid-19 and not working on lessons.

Kathy's Song was recorded on a veeeery grey and rainy day here in the Netherlands (early February), a month before all the madness started. I've shared it on social media, which was actually my debut, as in just me singing and playing in the comfort of my own home. It's how I often spend my before and after work time (me-time). As for the song, what can I say.....I've always really loved it, just such a gorgeous song...

The other one i've recorded earlier this month, because I just felt like doing so, similar reasons. I indeed have a lot more time on my hands these days, due to all the restrictions. As for the song, I actually really love songs in my own language (dutch), and if I hád to choose a favorite, it would be this one, called 'Onderweg', which means kinda like 'On the road'.

In any way, it's been a looooong time since i've posted a song just for the fun of it here on TG, so here it goes. I hope you enjoy!

Ness

jayswett

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 am

Amazing. Both of them. I'll be back to hear them again, no doubt.

Craig

Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Awesome every time I hear them! Thanks for posting them. It's a great way to start my day, Very relaxing and soothing in these hectic times!

Craig

crieniecat

Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Both incredibly lovely songs, and as Always you play and sing them with so much emotion and feel to it.
Two masterpieces Ness B)

"Onderweg"definately one of the most favorite Dutch songs I have in my play list too.
"Kathy's song"perfect for a grey day, cocooning at home and feeling very comfy.

Big hugs coming your way :kiss: :blush:

dtaylor

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Really good to see you posting and sharing your beautiful voice again, it's been too long!

tombo1230

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Stunning Vanessa, that was special. Loved hearing you post again. It’s been too long. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 am

Hey guys and Corina, many thanks for tuning in here!

Jay: Great to hear from you Jay! I actually can imagine you playing Kathy's song, right in your wheel house. Thanks for your comment!

Craig: Hey my friend! Love to be the start of your day, in a good way that is. :lol: Relaxing and soothing, that is actually exactly how i felt when playing those songs. Great to hear it came across. Many thanks Craig!

Corina: :blush: :D Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Wish i could return the hugs in person. :blue_heart:

Dean: So great to hear from you too Dean! You're right, it had been too long and it was really nice to just record something for the fun of it, and not neccessarily work. Awesome to hear you enjoyed it, thank you very much!

Tom: Tom! Sure loved to read your comment, which is as always sooo generous, thanks so much! :blush:

Ness 8-)

michelew

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Ness,

DAMN!!! You never fail to tie my heart strings in knots. Onderweg had me on the verge of tears, a big lump in my throat. I listened to it soon after you first recorded it of course as you know, but damn if it doesn’t just make me feel more and more on relistening. ... SO beautiful...

I haven’t been on TG (or whatever this site is called now...) very much lately, for a bunch of reasons. I missed this post. What a great disservice I’ve done to myself, missing it...

Your heartfelt playing and singing NEVER fails to move me. You’re a master at your craft Ness. Your music is a gift to us all.

Love

Shel

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am

Vanessa

Good to see you back as amazing as ever !!

:D

Attachments
Onderweg.jpg
Onderweg.jpg (165.13 KiB) Viewed 11167 times

TGNesh

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:22 am

Mmmmmwuah!! Thank you, thank you very much! :blush:

Your comments never fail to make me smile.....thanks so much my dear friend, big hug!

Ness xo
michelew wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Ness,

DAMN!!! You never fail to tie my heart strings in knots. Onderweg had me on the verge of tears, a big lump in my throat. I listened to it soon after you first recorded it of course as you know, but damn if it doesn’t just make me feel more and more on relistening. ... SO beautiful...

I haven’t been on TG (or whatever this site is called now...) very much lately, for a bunch of reasons. I missed this post. What a great disservice I’ve done to myself, missing it...

Your heartfelt playing and singing NEVER fails to move me. You’re a master at your craft Ness. Your music is a gift to us all.

Love

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic