It Never Rains In California

Michael Guy Lee

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:43 am

Hello Everyone!

This is Michael Guy Lee here. I'm so happy to be back with Totally Guitars!

I'm afraid I have not been able to play guitar well for the last two years because my left playing hand has been crippled by Dupuytren's disease. It's a hereditary disease that affects the hands causing them to curve inward, and I can no longer straighten them. The worst was my left small finger; it's bent into a 90 degree position. But, happily I'm going in for surgery on Thursday, June 18, 2020; it's the day before my 54th birthday. My hand surgeon thinks she can repair it.

Just before I couldn't play the guitar anymore because of the pain, I recorded "It Never Rains In California," by Albert Hammond, and acts as a warning about venturing too far out into show business without a plan.

Lots of love,

Michael Guy Lee
Last edited by Michael Guy Lee on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

familyman4

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Welcome back Michael, glad you stopped by and checked in. I remember when you posted this song before. Has it really been 2 years ago, wow! Anyway, I was wondering where you went? There for a while we were seeing several posts a month from you and then--- gone. Sorry to hear about your hand situation and I wish you best of luck with the surgery tomorrow! Please keep us posted on how the heeling process goes. Hopefully this will get your hands back to more useful daily activities and playing the guitar.

All the best!
Bart

Michael Guy Lee

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Thank you so much Bart. I'm unable to play at all right. now, but I'll let you know how the surgery goes. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic