It's Official!

Hydroman52

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am

Here is another song that we performed at our first gig. It’s Doolin Dalton by the Eagles. This was our own arrangement that takes the first part of the song that is the first song on the Desperado album and adds a part of the last song on the album to it (listen to the album and you’ll understand how I did it). It makes for a more complete story (and a longer song in the set). It’s a bit rough and edgy, but I like it that way. Of course, I threw in a number of off key vocals and mistakes on the guitar just to keep everyone paying attention. It’s a fairly easy and fun song to play.

Hydroman52

daryl

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 pm

You guys sound good. Love the applause and whistles! Nice.

Hydroman52

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

In the Eagles busking thread, Music Junkie wrote:
Nice.. B)

I really enjoyed the mashed up version you did. I am also envious of your ability to get out there and play in public. Very cool, indeed.

Jason

Jason - Thanks. We've got another gig on Saturday and we'll be playing this Eagles tune again. Tonight is our last rehearsal before then. It's a funny thing.....playing in front of people is very similar to rehearsals, except there are a few more people hanging around.

familyman4

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Very Nice!

I enjoyed the arrangement, the playing and the singing. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Bart

willem

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Wonderful..

Hydroman52

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Okay, so it looks like I’ve been negligent again and missed answering a few posts here.

Daryl – Thanks for putting up with all the videos. The nervousness never went away during the performance. Just had to deal with it.

Willem – Thanks for tuning in again!

Al – Correct. Stopping once you’ve started should be avoided at all costs! Thanks for watching.

Chris – I’ve been working on that Old Man intro since I was a young man. It comes out different every time……actually, I think I played it the same way twice……..once in 1978 and once in 2012. But I can’t be too sure about it.

And Daryl, Bart, and Willem - Thanks again for tuning in to this latest video.

Tonight should be a good rehearsal, we have the same blues harp player sitting in with us that was our guest star at the party. It's a blast watching him play, and just got word that he is planning on sitting in with us at the next gig on this coming Saturday. Woo, hoo! I have some video of him playing at the last party. It's on my list for tonight to ask him to see if it's okay to post some of the songs on which he played.

Hydroman52

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Hydroman52

I lost track of this topic.
Watched your video and enjoyed them.
Looks like you've got a great setup there.

Thanks for sharing

Dermot

:)

tombo1230

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:00 pm

This looks like fun! Love the Eagles :)

Tom N.

snipe

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 am

Hydro

Just saw your vids. Very cool. Like your band. Good luck with future gigs.

Mike

Craig

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 am

Hydroman,

I'm so happy for you that you are having this experience. It looks like a blast! I thought it sounded great! I happen to be a huge fan of that particular Eagles album so I really enjoyed it. Having the harp player must open up the set list possibilities quite a bit I would assume!

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic