Can I Play Too???

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:08 pm

suziko wrote:
I'm curious, too. I couldn't tell if TP was really "one of (Neil's) favorite artists" or if Neil loathes the guy.

Apropos of nothing- I just realized that I'm no longer a "fresh boarder." Not sure how that happened but, Woo hoo!
Hey junior; congrats!

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Neil must have met him at one time & had a bad experience! I remember when Stevie did a duo w/ TP "Stop Dragging My Heart Around"; he didn't even look at her - I thought he should be so privileged to be on stage w/ her.

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks, Barb! I felt inexplicably excited to "graduate" to the next level :)

I hope Neil reveals his secret feelings about TP (and I can't help but laugh a bit about those intials since it's what I usually call toilet paper). Neil's inability to articulate a complete sentence in that video makes me think he's got some seriously mixed feelings about the guy.

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Good asimile; seems people either love TP or hate him! I'm kinda on the fence. BTW: don't know how I got to be a top member, but I've been around since the beginning & do alot of chatting (as you can tell)!

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
Good asimile; seems people either love TP or hate him! I'm kinda on the fence. BTW: don't know how I got to be a top member, but I've been around since the beginning & do alot of chatting (as you can tell)!
PS; sshhh but, here's a secret - think guys like to chat too!

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
BRBbrb wrote:
PS; here's a secret - think guys like to chat too;)
Whatever gives you that idea barb?

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Does the #1455 ring a bell?

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
Does the #1455 ring a bell?
Can't say it does really #1456 might though

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm definitely on the fence regarding Tom Petty. On the one hand, he's got some pretty rocking songs that I would never switch the radio off of (American Girl, Runnin' Down a Dream come to mind), but I'm not particularly drawn to learning to play any of his songs. I'm still so curious as to which song Neil was considering posting a video for. Hopefully he'll chime in at some point and tell us all.

By the way, Barb, are you and I the only women who post in the forums? This seems like quite the guys-club (not surprising for a guitar-focused website, I suppose)!

lmc831

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi suziko,
Once in awhile I throw in my 2 cents...I read the forums a little too much lately. The guys here crack me up. But, I joined TG back in June and enjoyed it very much.
glad to see you joined as a Target Member.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic