''everybody hurts'' (SOMETIMES)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 pm

Nice one Willem! REM really have some great songs we could play eh?
Thanks for posting!

tovo

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 pm

wonderlijk Willem, really enjoyed your effort mate.

reiver

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Willem

I think that your version of Everybody Hurts has now officially become my most viewed video on this site!

Just to explain. I am in the process of trying to incorporate the good habits that Neil has recommended into my guitar playing, specifically better LH position, changed fingering for A, changed fingering for G and trying to be less afraid of barre chords. This song allows me to practice all of these things at an easy pace ,more than any other song on the site I think.

So thanks for posting. Playing along with you is really helping me.

r

willem

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:04 pm

reiver wrote:
Willem

I think that your version of Everybody Hurts has now officially become my most viewed video on this site!

Just to explain. I am in the process of trying to incorporate the good habits that Neil has recommended into my guitar playing, specifically better LH position, changed fingering for A, changed fingering for G and trying to be less afraid of barre chords. This song allows me to practice all of these things at an easy pace ,more than any other song on the site I think.

So thanks for posting. Playing along with you is really helping me.

r
I'm glad for you,when you find it easy to do to get lost of your bad habbits you can try also ''HALLELUJAH'' its the same fingerpicking, i maen 1-2-3-4-5-6 onces on a chord; ''EVERYBODY HURTS'' = 1-2-3-4-5-6 TWO TIMES, but you know i think,, i HAVE ALSO BAD HABBITS( on steel string), i use ''HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN'' to get lost...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey Willem!

That was nice! I noticed that you changed the melody here and there, so you could keep singing on pitch, did you do that on purpose, or did it just happen automatically?

willem wrote:
A while back i did this and enjoying to learn it, don't go over my singing.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Fun to revisit that song Willem. You just taught me the whole song... I played along and by the end I knew it. I listen to REM a lot so I will be playing this. Have you tried Me in Honey? The song I mean.... ;-)

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Willem,

Great job on a wonderful song. This was one of the first songs I learned on the guitar so it has special meaning to me.

Bud

michelew

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:49 pm

That was beautiful Willem. I think I'll need to learn it too.

It really suited the classical as well.

thanks for the inspiration.

Michele

BobR

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Willem,

I see you posted this a year ago. Either I missed it or I don't remember(getting old) In any case I see you're enjoying it and I did as well. A friend of mine has been wanting to learn this and expects me to do the vocals(Yeah right) so I'll be able to refer to this. Thanks for the post

Bob

willem

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 am

SO,this was grasping deep,,thanks,

Vanessa,the song was hard to sing and i 'm a star in change the melody,i was happy with the guitar sound..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic