Win a Guitar Contest entry from member Music Junkie 2/23/10

dennisg

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:40 am

Haha! Stellar job, MJ. Great to see your face and hear your voice finally. Good luck in the competition.

suziko

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 am

Oh my gosh, MJ, just great! The absolute best part is the kind of dreamy look you get on your face after singing about watching Neil play in a thong!

I can't believe you haven't posted a video yet. You have a really nice voice and a relaxed playing style. It was so nice to watch you perform. And I'm glad to see the Martin in action after all the talk about it! It's beautiful- I love the color of the wood.

ffsooo3

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 am

Great lyrics. Great playing. Great singing. Great competition. I'd give it a 10 except for the surreal image of Neil and thongs. I know you meant "flip-flops" but the word "thong" brings to mind other images. :woohoo: :blush:

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks everyone!

I was so nervous that I could feel my voice cracking and thought at one time I was going to fall off of my stool..... :laugh:

I have wanted to post a clip for some time now but it took me forever to get the courage. I now hope to post some other stuff I have been working on. I am still worried about it, but nothing better than throwing yourself out there to cure that.....

I have enjoyed Neil Young's "After the Goldrush" for such a long time, that it was fairly easy to come up with some lyrics to go with it. I laugh at myself because one line in the song states that I played my chords wrong, and I still did play the G the wrong way......that bad habit is killing me.... :silly:

I grew up knowing flip flops as thongs, but I knew everyone's mind would be firmly entrenched in the gutter..... :woohoo: I formally apologize to Neil for the comical misunderstanding. However, flip flops does not rhyme with throng...... B)

I truly thank all of you for the kind words. It was fun, and I am finally beginning to stop shaking..... B)

MJ

Guitar: Martin 000-15L Solid Mahogany

pbraun

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 am

Great jobGreat lyrics to a great NY tune! Tough to beat this one!
Pete

ffsooo3

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 am

pbraun wrote:
Great jobGreat lyrics to a great NY tune! Tough to beat this one!
Pete
It is going to be difficult to pick a winner out of all the great entries. I think Matt and Neil should give EVERYONE who enters a $500 guitar. Good idea? :blink:

pbraun

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah I figured those were the thongs you were singing about but I must admit my first thoughts went straight to the gutter...and it wasn't pretty!

wrench

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am

Stellar job, MJ, but somebody built your Martin backward. I bet that was a #?#^*&@#! to learn how to to play! Great job.

MarkM

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 am

MJ,

That was great!! For the fist half of the song I had the title just out of reach in my brain. You played it so great that I recognized it but couldn't quite get there until halfway through. Awesome job. Great playing and singing. Thanks for posting and good luck. Now we are all waiting for more..... :) :) :)

MarkM

BobR

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 pm

MJ,

That was great. Thanks for posting and good luck.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic