Win a Guitar Contest entry from member Music Junkie 2/23/10

BigBear

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 pm

MJ- Great job! It's wonderful to see your smiling mug finally!! You've got potential as a singer! I loved your revision to a great NY song! Way to go buddy!! :cheer:

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Just watched this again. M.J.-- you should change your name to D.H.. As in 'Dark Horse' that comes outta nowhere!!

I'm sure your entry will inspire others as well.
Great job again.

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

BigBear wrote:
MJ- Great job! It's wonderful to see your smiling mug finally!! You've got potential as a singer! I loved your revision to a great NY song! Way to go buddy!! :cheer:
Bear: Thanks so much my friend! I hope things are going well for you up in the Great Northwest. You guys catching much of this storm???? We got spit on today and that was about it.... :)

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:34 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Just watched this again. M.J.-- you should change your name to D.H.. As in 'Dark Horse' that comes outta nowhere!!

I'm sure your entry will inspire others as well.
Great job again.
That means a lot Al, thanks buddy! I gotta say, it took me forever, but I am glad to have one down now. Many thanks for all of your posts and for your kind words! :)

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 am

MJ brilliant finally out of that closet mate and what a way to do it! Did you know there is a function on most cameras to fix the flipped video so it shows up the right way round lol!!

And the the Thong line inspirational.... You do realise that could be TGSMLM You've also just added a wee bit more pressure to a certain Furry member

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

Chasplaya wrote:
MJ brilliant finally out of that closet mate and what a way to do it! Did you know there is a function on most cameras to fix the flipped video so it shows up the right way round lol!!

And the the Thong line inspirational.... You do realise that could be TGSMLM You've also just added a wee bit more pressure to a certain Furry member
Thanks Chas! Although when you say out of the closet here in the US it holds a whole other meaning, and let's just not go there...... :woohoo:

It was more fun than I thought it would be, now that I am not so nervous... :)

I won't put any pressure on that furry member, as it took me a loooooonnnnngggg time to get a clip up as well.

Cheers!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Well, like I said a few minutes ago... you just can't miss a day at TG!
MJ.... you're a star! Man you were cool! Great song really well sung. Loved it! As Marc said, it's a real pleasure to finally meet you in the (virtual) flesh, you are part of the TG furniture for me... wouldn't be the same without you.
P.S. - I must have missed the episode of Neil in a thong?
Michele
Well, we've had Al and his G-string and now we have Neil in his thong... unless you have a lisp MJ, this is a TG revelation! :woohoo:

Hellava first post!

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Well, like I said a few minutes ago... you just can't miss a day at TG!
MJ.... you're a star! Man you were cool! Great song really well sung. Loved it! As Marc said, it's a real pleasure to finally meet you in the (virtual) flesh, you are part of the TG furniture for me... wouldn't be the same without you.
P.S. - I must have missed the episode of Neil in a thong?
Michele
Well, we've had Al and his G-string and now we have Neil in his thong... unless you have a lisp MJ, this is a TG revelation! :woohoo:

Hellava first post!
Very kind of you Chris. Never would have done it without the great folks at this site showing me how its done and seeing nothing but encouragement coming from the crowd.

As far as a lisp....... :woohoo:

I could not think of a proper footware that rhymed with crowd. Or a proper term for masses that rhymed with flip flops........ :blink:

Guess I need some work on my lyric writing abilities..... B)

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Goodness Gracious! What took you so long to make a video? That was great. You looked very comfortable in front of that camera. I'm with Izzy, too, in that I loved the backdrop you chose.

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

jayswett wrote:
Goodness Gracious! What took you so long to make a video? That was great. You looked very comfortable in front of that camera. I'm with Izzy, too, in that I loved the backdrop you chose.
Thanks Jay!

I was by no means comfortable, but I am hoping it gets easier..... B)

The backdrop is just the built-in bookcase I put in last year. We had a dead wall there and my wife made up a conceptual drawing. I took it from there and gave it a go. I have a few other pics of it in my photos. I love tinkering with wood. Someday I am hoping to build my own guitar...... :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic