Win a Guitar Contest entry from member Music Junkie 2/23/10

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 pm

@pbraun: As I was writing "thongs" down, I knew it was going to go there..... :woohoo:

It just goes to show the fun we have around here.... B)

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:56 pm

wrench wrote:
Stellar job, MJ, but somebody built your Martin backward. I bet that was a #?#^*&@#! to learn how to to play! Great job.
I know man, when I opened up the case, I got all bent out of shape..... :silly:

You should have seen me in the stores trying to play right handed models upside down to get a feeling for tone. I found it hilarious trying to finger some of the chord shapes that way and then start with an upstroke on everything. It all worked out though......... B)

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 pm

MarkM wrote:
MJ,

That was great!! For the fist half of the song I had the title just out of reach in my brain. You played it so great that I recognized it but couldn't quite get there until halfway through. Awesome job. Great playing and singing. Thanks for posting and good luck. Now we are all waiting for more..... :) :) :)

MarkM
Mark: "After the Goldrush" is a pretty easy song to play. That one Bm can get me sometimes though. I really like this one and also Ride My Llama.

Thanks for the kind words.

MJ

tovo

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:39 pm

MJ you sly fox. That was great. I felt like I was looking at the winning entry but there's a fair way to go and someone else is bound to come out of the blue with a killer entry like this one to compete with you. You'll be hard to beat though mate, really well done.

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Many thanks Tony. I just did not want to miss out on the fun.... :laugh:

willem

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm

MJ,,What is the basic strum you use here,,is it D DU UDU,, i ask because we try this on the friends evenings but i never played it, a friend does and can remmember how he does it,,thanks,,,,when i look and listen i think you do that strum but not everywhere..

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 pm

willem wrote:
MJ,,What is the basic strum you use here,,is it D DU UDU,, i ask because we try this on the friends evenings but i never played it, a friend does and can remmember how he does it,,thanks,,,,when i look and listen i think you do that strum but not everywhere..
Willem:

Yeah, I just used D DU UDU. Don't rightly know if it is correct for NY's version of After the Goldrush, but it works pretty good.

If you noticed that I did not use that strum everywhere, it is because I screwed up in several spots. :woohoo:

Nerves got the best of me and I find it so darn hard to sing and play together.

MJ

willem

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
willem wrote:
Willem:

Yeah, I just used D DU UDU. Don't rightly know if it is correct for NY's version of After the Goldrush, but it works pretty good.

If you noticed that I did not use that strum everywhere, it is because I screwed up in several spots. :woohoo:

Nerves got the best of me and I find it so darn hard to sing and play together.

MJ

thanks i try that,,,,,never mind the nerves you did well and the next ones go easer,, i think,,, well i must not wait to long,,shakey,,shakey... i let you know if the strum works for me to....''it was all in a dream''..

goldleaf

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

MJ, great song and great singing and playing. The competition is really getting hot and we haven't even got out of February yet. What have you got for us in March. MJ no more excuses for not playing and singing you really did great, contest or no. BTY I know what you mean about playing and singing at the same time. It dosen't seem like it should be that much harder since you can do both individually, but it is. Gary

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 pm

goldleaf wrote:
MJ, great song and great singing and playing. The competition is really getting hot and we haven't even got out of February yet. What have you got for us in March. MJ no more excuses for not playing and singing you really did great, contest or no. BTY I know what you mean about playing and singing at the same time. It dosen't seem like it should be that much harder since you can do both individually, but it is. Gary
Thanks Gary. :)

If you notice the little chop in the clip right before I start playing, it is because it took me about 12-15 tries to get through the song...... :lol:

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic