Win acoustic guitar entry from member jimcjimc 2/27

izzyhara

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 am

jimcjimc wrote:
Thanks, Izzy, just trying to keep up with you :cheer:

The night I posted my first contest entry, I was feeling a little depressed as I went to bed, as there were only 1-2 comments on here at the time (as it had just been posted) and I knew I had played the guitar pretty poorly especially in the beginning of the song. Then I had happened to go to the youtube page and noticed some jerk (who I assume is not a member of totally guitars) posted a mean comment (you lost)... anyway, I was laying awake in bed and wondering if I should recall my contest entry and thought of this tune and these lyrics just about wrote themselves.

As I explained in my introduction in December, I am left-handed (and as any left-handed person will tell you, we are more creative than you righties), playing the guitar right-handed :laugh:
You know what? This just pisses me off - can I say that here? We have developed this warm and smart and safe community, and I just want to clobber the guy who made a negative comment onYou Tube about our friend. Are we all virtuoso guitar players and singers? NO!!! Someone outside of TG has no idea what we are about with this competition, or any of the stuff we do. JimC, I am so proud of you for doing this. Please don't let someone from the "outside" dampen your spirits in any way. WE are here for you and WE care for you and WE want to see what you are doing. OK - I am done with my rant. That just really ticked me off (gee - can you tell?)
And in other news, why are the competition videos showing up on YouTube where they can be seen by anyone? That doesn't seem right....

jimcjimc

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 am

Hey guys, chas, tovo, izzy, buddy, willem, pierre, and anyone else I might have missed thanks for the support. The community on this site is great!

And, Markm, I am a big dylan fan. I have all his LPs & CDs and have listened to them thousands of times and as you see, I take a sweet little Donovan song and make it sould like dylan :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic