Guitar contest entry from Heyjoe NeverFoundTheTime 3/2/10

abiliog

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 am

Hi,
This is a great work. Everything is perfect. On my top five...
Good luck with in the contest.
Abilio

BobR

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Joe / Chris,

That was just awesome. Both guitars playing in sync and the lyrics were so good. As usual Chris, your vocals are spot on. Joe loved the thoughts!

Great Job by both.

Bob

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Great job guys on the first collab vid. The bubble thoughts were cool, liked the metronome one lol.

Good luck

Chas

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Many thanks for all the kind comments folks! This was fun to do. This was Joe's initiative to do a song together and we looked for one that we felt could work for us. We tuned down our guitars a half step as this would have been too high for me to sing (I'm no Bob Seger!) otherwise. Joe laid the basic track down (hence the metronome comment!) and we worked out the lyrics together, trying to keep as close to the original as possible and just tweak it to get the TG message in. We used 4shared to exchange and park our tracks. We both had a learning curve on the video editing to cope with to do this. Worth it! Joe is a cool guy to work with... I think we have laid down one of the longest pm chains on TG to get this done! Thanks Joe!

heyjoe

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys
Completely agree with chris, this was seriously fun to do. I had no knowledge of the tune when Chris mentioned it, and its a great tune to learn. As some of you may know from my early videos, my timing wasnt the best, but playing songs like this is really helping, that and having headphones in-connected to a laptop-playing a metronome-chris you were reading my mind!

We probably have created the longest PM chain, but I'm glad we did, working out the technicalities was a fun challenge, and I've learned a lot from it. Face to face talking would help, so I'll be getting skype shortly!

I'm also going to admit to one thing as well, chris knows already, so I hope he doesnt mind. When I first saw the finished video, I was listening to it more than watching, so missed the thought bubbles, I had no idea he had done it, it was comments on here that got me looking!

Credit where credit is due, Chris reworked 99% of the lyrics, and did a brilliant job.

Chris is a star to work with, and I hope to work with him again soon. Thanks Chris

jayswett

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Fantastic. Those collaboration videos are great for all involved. Nice job on this.

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm

heyjoe wrote:
Credit where credit is due, Chris reworked 99% of the lyrics, and did a brilliant job.

Chris is a star to work with, and I hope to work with him again soon. Thanks Chris
Does this mean Chris gets the neck and body and you get the strings if you win?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks Jay!
You got it Chas!!!

goldleaf

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I sure isn't the same. Man things are really getting better and better. Great job on the singing Chris and nice choice for a back up song. It just keeps getting better. Good luck, you both have my vote. Gary

MarkM

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Guys great job!!!! Just got back from 7 hours and 420miles today and found this. Always good to come back to TG and see what is going on. You should both be very proud. That was a Grade A production.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic