reiver win a guitar contest entry 3/4/10

Lavallee

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

That is very good Stuart. Very creative lyrics and a nice guitar piece. Must be a among the top ones.

Marc

reiver

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm

BobR wrote:
Reiver,

Great entry. I really enjoyed it. Is it true if you play it backwards your wife and dog come home? :laugh: :laugh:

Bob
I don't know Bob, but why take the chance!

To everyone who has commented with such kindness, thank you all very much. The support and encouragement of all of you here on the forum makes taking these steps a lot easier, and I really do appreciate it.

Mark, please have a go at this. I'd hate to think that my participation in any contest discourages others from entering.

d-dog, this was my own song. Although it sounds like a million others, as far as I know, I wrote it. If you want to try to learn it, go for it - it'll probably take you a whole tea break.

Pierre, I did try on-screen lyrics but it bumped the file size up too much. Sorry.

Lavallee

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:30 pm

BobR wrote:

Reiver,

Great entry. I really enjoyed it. Is it true if you play it backwards your wife and dog come home?

Bob

I don't know Bob, but why take the chance!

You are a funny character

Marc

buddy

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 pm

ROFLMAO , that was was just great !!!!!

Chasplaya

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I hated it ... cos its all true lol WIfe loved it ... cos its all true except her mother doesn't live in Tucson.

I have a spare dog aka The Rat you are welcome to him free of charge.

Great entry mate gotta be one of the best to date

Good luck

pbraun

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 am

THat was great and alot of fun to listen to.
Based on the country theme...do you at least still have the truck?
Great Job,
Pete

reiver

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:30 am

pbraun wrote:
THat was great and alot of fun to listen to.
Based on the country theme...do you at least still have the truck?
Great Job,
Pete

Thanks Pete. I do have the truck, but it's a dangerous word to use in a rhyming couplet!

willem

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Stuart,, i'm sorry she have left you,, but to take the dog with here,,what have you done,,,only not showerd and change clothes??

It was fun to listen and watch,,the bar high,,,i think we still are in...whow pay's the most???

suziko

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 am

I'm assuming the above posts are spam but I'm still happy to see Stuart's guitar contest entry bumped back up to the top of the recent discussions. I had forgotten just how funny and clever the lyrics are- and it's really cool that the music is an original composition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic