file size problem

frybaby

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Mike, I down loaded two guitar competition videos it took much longer that the first one I did, I suspected something was wrong because I did not receive the congratulation. When I checked my files I noticed they were both larger than the max size. Is there some way I can reduce the file. I dont think I have zip file on my computer.

heyjoe

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 am

Hi frybaby

If you can give us some more details about the file you tried to upload, then we can help you. Can you tell us what format you are using please, i.e avi, mpeg etc etc and what program you used to proces your video, windows movie maker, or a mac program, then we should be able to help you reduce your file size.

Failing that, there are file conversion programs which can be used to change your file format to a smaller one.

Hope this helps.

Joe

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 am

Here's a basic how-to on compression using
moviemaker from the TG Techies Group:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/community ... roupid=106

frybaby

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:34 am

good morning and thanks guys, on my out now but will try later. the video was made with a friends video camera, avi was the format. went from his camera to my memory stick tried to download from the stick Out for not thanks again

heyjoe

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Frybaby

As Al rightly said, if you have used windows movie maker, then there are options you can use to compress the file size, as his link shows.

Also, I have found that avi's can be large files, and converting them to another, less MB filling format can also do the trick.

Both ways work, it just depends what you are more comfortable with, and which one gives you the better quality audio/video

Joe

Music Junkie

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Here is a link to a great free piece of software called AlltoAVI.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alltoavi/

I use it to convert from alternate file types as well as to resize avi's from time to time....

You will probably have plenty of luck using windows movie maker as mentioned above, but this is another fine tool to have for whatever ails ya.. B)

J

frybaby

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:54 am

Gentlemen, again thank you one and all, I managed.... well I should say may wife managed to download windows movie maker and got the video up. It took a team, that for sure. Anway, thank again, this has be a fun contest. Win or loose it was a blast.
Kind regards and thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic