Last but not least Guitar contest entry from member Jim56 3/31/10

TGMike

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 am

[video type=youtube]9-sJdSBh6oE[/video]

PLEASE BE PATIENT IF VIDEO DOES NOT PLAY YET AS YOUTUBE IS SLOW TODAY WITH UPDATING

Lyrics : Verse 1
Imagine you’re a rock star
Loved by all your fans
Taught by Neil Hogan
All across the lands
Imagine you’re a rock star
It isn’t hard to do

Chorus

Verse 2
Keep the timing goin’
Put the barre on first
Put your fingers down in order
And repeat the verse
Shoot for an average performance
Not a perfect one

Chorus

Verse 3
Imagine there’s no Hogan
It isn't hard to do
No Neil to show us
And no forum too
Imagine there’s no Hogan
What are we going to do

Chorus
You may say that we’re guitarists
But we just want to have some fun
I hope someday you'll join us
And TG.com will be # one

willem

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:45 am

Jim and .....? fabelous,,you two tear me up,,i find you must win,,,i certainly vote on this one...glad you could find the time and hope one day we all join and be number one,,

jim56

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:13 am

willem wrote:
Jim and .....? fabelous,,you two tear me up,,i find you must win,,,i certainly vote on this one...glad you could find the time and hope one day we all join and be number one,,
Thanks Willem,

That beautiful child is my daughter Danielle. She has a far better singing voice than me. lol This was an excellent opportunity for me to work with her on this project together, dad and daughter. A couple of things I learned from this contest is that I need to know my recording equipment better and the video software, i.e. Pinnacle Studio 14 had a learning curve to it. I used a Flip Ultra HD camera to record several takes. Listening to myself play on the video was frightening! It provides great feedback for what I was doing wrong. I have had my guitar for a year now. Now that I have graduated from night school, my next course of study is guitar theory. With the contest deadline past I must turn my attention to tax return completion. :) Jim

willem

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:24 am

jim56 wrote:
With the contest deadline past I must turn my attention to tax return completion. :) Jim[/quote]

Don't make there any mistakes,,you can't change it..

michelew

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:35 am

Jim - you and Danielle did a great job! Great lyrics, great singing and lovely playing.

I think I found my match in serious performing faces. She's gorgeous!

Good luck.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:39 am

Priceless video of you and Danielle Jim! She's a sweetie! Nice job! Glad you got your priorities right: Song contest first, Tax declaration second!

haoli25

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 am

Great job Jim! Danielle was perfect. (and a very cute little tax deduction too :) ) I think you have a winning video here. Best of luck to you and Danielle in the competition.

Bill Image

Craig

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Great job Jim and Danielle! I really enjoyed that. Good luck in the competition.
Craig

tom18

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Great job Danielle and Jim! Clever song selection and lyrics too, congratulations. Who get's the guitar if you win?? :laugh:
Tom

hasben

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Great job Jim! Danielle was perfect. (and a very cute little tax deduction too :) ) I think you have a winning video here. Best of luck to you and Danielle in the competition.

Bill Image
Jim, I was under the impression Hanoi Bill was an engineer, not a CPA. :laugh: Look, buddy, I LOVE when our members include their family, and Danielle will someday view your video with very fond memories. Your playing was spot-on as far as my ears could tell. Great job: to both of you. Dad and daughter...ah, there's nothing better. Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic