>> Win a signed copy of Disney's Waking Sleeping Beauty on DVD

TGMatt

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Thx to the folk at Disney we have a great competition giveaway..

Win a copy of Disney's fabulous documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty signed by director and acclaimed Disney producer Don Hahn (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Who Framed Roger Rabbit).

Released to the general public on November 30th..

If, like me, you are a huge fan of Disney's amazing animated films, and equally amazing film score and grew up listening and singing songs from the Disney era, then you will want this DVD, which documents the fall and rise of the Disney studio...

The competition rules are simple...

It will run until Sunday at Midnight the 12/12/2010

Write a reply here, in this forum, that details what your favorite song from this film making period (1984-1994) and why, (maybe it was sung to your children or it reminded you of your youth, whatever the story)...

or ...

Film yourself playing a lick of your favorite Disney tune and upload it using the TG busking section..

I will pick a winner (and weight them equally) at the end of the competition, and Disney will then ship that DVD to you directly...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking Sleeping Beauty is no fairy tale. It’s a true story about the renaissance that took place between 1984 and 1994 at the fabled Walt Disney Animation Studios and how Disney animation regained its magic with a staggering output of hits including The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King and more. Available on DVD November 30 from Buena Vista Home Entertainment, the 86-minute documentary features the people who were actually there — Michael Eisner, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Roy E. Disney, John Lasseter and others. Directed by Don Hahn, who produced some of the period’s biggest hits, and produced by Peter Schneider, who led the animation group during this amazing period and later became studio chairman, Waking Sleeping Beauty gives viewers an unprecedented look at the conflict, drama and tension that ushered in a decade of unparalleled Disney creativity.

After Walt’s death, without his hands-on supervision, by the mid-1980’s the Disney animation division had fallen on hard times. The artists were polarized between newcomers hungry to innovate and old timers not yet ready to relinquish control. These conditions produced a series of box-office flops and pessimistic forecasts that led everyone to wonder if the best days of animation were over. Hahn and Schneider provide a fascinating and candid perspective of what happened in the creative ranks as Michael Eisner, Jeffrey Katzenberg and the late Roy E. Disney (Walt’s nephew) worked to breathe new life into the company. Hahn and Schneider bring insider knowledge, and offer refreshing candor and humorous anecdotes in describing ego battles, cost overruns and failed experiments, set against dynamic tensions with top leadership.

.Image

Each DVD is packaged with a special replica caricature of a particularly tough Beauty and the Beast story meeting drawn by Kirk Wise. Director Don Hahn puts several memorable samples on display and marshals a vast array of nterviews, home movies, internal memos and unseen footage.celebrates the rich history of Disney animation and honors the many writers, artists and
composers who created the Disney magic.

[video type=youtube]EyeoyRjEiUU[/video]

TGMatt

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 pm

We need some entries on this , help out pls

Any more last call chip in ..write a paragraph ..that easy..

If we get some activity we will be able to get more opportunities around music releases from Disney and there subsidiaries and this is a good thing, so take a moment and enter this easy to win competition. (the last few dvd releases included a U2 doco , the stones doco and a grateful dead thing)

Thx for the support

Lavallee

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 pm

My kids have really enjoyed the new movies Disney came out with. Titles like The Little Mermaid or Aladdin or key words like Hakuna Matata really brought joy to the whole family. They were so well done that buying the CD was the only sensible thing to do as the kids wanted to watch them over and over. Besides the good story and fantastic animation, music was holding the film together. In all these movies the songs were always rich and non repetitive, not a song for a song , but something that would tie the action to the characters feelings. Thank you for a great entertainment.

Marc

Hydroman52

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 pm

My favorite song from a Disney film of this era would have to be from The Lion King, but it wasn’t an original song. It is The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I had a friend who was a rabid Lion King fan. Anything Simba she had to have. Whenever I saw something Simba, I would pick it up for her. Then, when I saw her to give her the item, I’d start singing “Wim-a-way a-wim-a-way a-wim-a-way a-wim-a-way” to let her know that I’d found something Simba for her.

TGMatt

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Congratulations Marc you have won this DVD, pls Pm me your address so we can have Disney ship this to you

Cheers

Lavallee

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Thank you very much Matt and TG for this DVD. I am really looking forward to watch it.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

I had just had a chance to watch the Disney DVD I won. It is called as the title of the thread says Waking sleeping Beauty. In the early 80's Disney lost confidence in its core expertise: animation. It is very interesting how they came back with a continuous emotional roller coaster. You can see desperation, joy, ego battles, team work, achievements. It is really interesting and if you have the chance to view it either as a dvd or on TV don' t miss it.

Thank you Matt, TG and Disney for this opportunity, I really enjoyed it

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic