Havin Fun'

donf

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am

Two of my favorites are;

Tommy Emmanuel from Australia. If he comes to the states, you gotta see him. I saw him in Manhattan and was blown away. He has fun when he plays. Here's a clip

I'd also have to say personally for me it was Peter Frampton, he's the one who made me want to pick up the guitar. He may not be the best, but was an inspiration.

ffsooo3

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Agreed. Tommy Emmanuel is the best. Do a youtube search on him and you'll find thousands of clips. Listen/watch Angelina, Those Who Wait, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Beatles Medley, Guitar Boogie, Classical Gas. I could go and on. BTW. Tommy now lives in NASHVILLE and does a ton a tours in the US (as well as worldwide).

sledge57

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am

I like Tommy Emmanuel, however it seems every thing he plays he plays as fast as he can.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

My vote is for Phil Keaggy.

If this video doesn't inspire you it's time to quit

ffsooo3

Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:06 pm

I have the same complaint about Tommy (playing with too much speed). But check out his "Angelina", "Those Who Wait", "Over the Rainbow", "Blue Moon", "Mombasa", and there are many more beautiful, masterful, expressive, and impressive songs.....

AndyT

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 am

I love Tommy. His version of Over the Rainbow is just stunning. Also Angelina, and many others. He does play fast often, but he also plays slowly. I love it because even fast his playing is clean. Not muddy like most rock band shredders.

Clapton is not called Slow Hand for nothing. He makes the guitar weep. And speaking of weeping guitars, I just love George Harrison. The world is a sadder place now that he and John are gone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic