the allman brothers band

jjohnson63

Sun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

how incredibly heart stopping it is to see this come to pass... welcome my young friend to see that there is already another young person (12) ready to dedicate themselves to the most legendary band (in my humblest of opinions) i too made this statement at around your age. (the allman brothers band) for life and after all this time i still cannot get enough ... May your strings be kind to you ... may your ax do as you SAY.. may your strings lie down befor you and and make you whole.. for the path you have chosen is a wonderous one ...Poe

rcsnydley

Sun May 31, 2009 7:49 pm

BE sure to check out the new Allmans Bros Band group.

Keep Playing
Ric

Chasplaya

Sun May 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Simply amazing isn't it, it takes a 12 year old to remind us oldies about the Allmans by setting up the group etc

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 am

Great music is timeless.

A digression: Have others noticed that music that is considered controversial or extreme in its day eventually becomes acceptable as it becomes "old." When the Beatles and Stones hit the states 45 years ago there was outrage by many. My 6 and 5 year-old boys have been listening to both groups (and more!) for three years now! I guess their kids will be listening to Rage Against The Machine at that age!

jjohnson63

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:44 pm

When I was younger I was hard to hold
Seem like I was always goin'
Which ever way the wind would blow
Now that travelin' spirit calls me again

jjohnson63

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Callin' me back to where it all begins

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 am

gingold wrote:
Great music is timeless.

A digression: Have others noticed that music that is considered controversial or extreme in its day eventually becomes acceptable as it becomes "old." When the Beatles and Stones hit the states 45 years ago there was outrage by many. My 6 and 5 year-old boys have been listening to both groups (and more!) for three years now! I guess their kids will be listening to Rage Against The Machine at that age!
Also great music matures like fine wine

frybaby

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
gingold wrote:
Great music is timeless.

Also great music matures like fine wine
Unlike musicians! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic