How about... LEAST favorite bands?

Lavallee

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

For me the Rolling Stones were always at the bottom of my list (except a few songs)when I was young. I was more Beatles. Now it is the opposite. I rarely listen to any Beatles now (I like to play them however) but I always enjoy anything from the Stones. Of course the Beatles have not made anything since the 70s while the Rolling Stones never stopped.

I must say however that even if the Beatles are no longer my cup of tea, I saw Paul McCartney in Dublin,Ireland about 6 years ago and in Quebec city last summer. What a generous entertainer. He is on stage non stop for 3 hours, and half of that, alone on the stage.

Marc

haoli25

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Lavallee wrote:
For me the Rolling Stones were always at the bottom of my list (except a few songs)when I was young. I was more Beatles. Now it is the opposite.

Marc
As a Stones fan since I was 15 years old (28 years ago--you do the math) I am happy to hear it!

haoli25

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:19 am

Certainly the Beatles and the Stones have sparked more
wannabe bands than anyone else.
As Neil mentioned on the LIVE segment, Aerosmith always
came across as a Stones wannabe band. And I agree with
him.

BigBear

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:20 am

rcsnydley wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:
For all the Neil Young haters in here it's interesting that the Neil Young Appreciation Society group has the 2nd most member in it.:ohmy:

Ric
Better be careful someone might list the Beatles here now wouldn't that upset a few
I know it's hard to believe, but I'm sure there are some. In fact, I haven't seen the Beatles listed, I'm interested are there any Beatles haters out there?

Ric
I don't hate the Beatles but they are certainly one of my least favorite bands of all times. Pretty much pop smaltz as far as I'm concerned with a couple of notable exceptions. I tried to listen to their greatest hits recently and didn't get thru five songs!!

Not a hater but close!!

galnpdx

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:42 am

Bear,
You just need to listen to something like Insane clown posse or Yngwie Malmsteen and youll be whistling Hard days night for weeks in hopes of recovering :laugh:

speedie

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:10 am

Sorry, but I still don't like Neil Young. He's a good
guitar player, marginal songwriter, poor stage presence,
and a terrible singer. That said, I am still glad that
his songs are covered on TG for those that do like him. I'm
sure there are a few songs in there I would like, but others
would hate.

agentcooper

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 am

I love Neil Young and Bob Dylan so what? Simple music with mediocre vocals feel more down to earth than... Rush.

Oh yeah, I can't stand Metallica. Neil, I respect that you did the lesson on "Nothing Else Matters", but Metallica is almost as annoying as their die-hard fans, who are nowhere to be found on the TG forums.

I also agree that the early Beatles music was pop garbage, and most people are under the impression that they continued to sound like that. People that missed The White Album cause they were going through their Steve Vai phase.

Wait... Can I add Steve Vai to the hall of shame? I don't even need a reason, just listen to him play, and then look at a picture of him. Try to refute. Just try.

-Dale

richardk

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:18 am

Fun thread.

My least favourite bands are:

The Doors
REM
U2
The Simple Minds
Simply Red
Metallica
Jethro Tull
Bob Marley and the Wailers

Just for the record: I love Springsteen. :)

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 am

If I was to be pedantic you have all listed bands you like as you have said they may be the least favourite which implies they are actually favourites but just not as favoured as others.

The thread should be entitled Bands we dislike.

ben01

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:12 am

Chasplaya wrote:
If I was to be pedantic you have all listed bands you like as you have said they may be the least favourite which implies they are actually favourites but just not as favoured as others.

The thread should be entitled Bands we dislike.
Maybe "least favored" bands would be more appropriate.

--Pedantic Greg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic