Best Live Performance

BRBbrb

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:07 am

Acoustically - Harry Chapin! Mentioned this before but; saw him about a year before he died here in the Midwest; there was a bad storm that night & the power went out. He finished the show w/ a flashlight & an acoustic guitar -- AWESOME!:woohoo:

wrench

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am

Can there be a harder life than that of Tommy Emmanuel's guitars?

heyjoe

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

wrench wrote:
very true, maybe one of Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitars, he did abuse them during the performances quite a bit.

Seeing Tommy Emmanuel live is something else, I've seen him a few times, going to see him again in M010, every time I see him I come away awe-struck at his playing. I've had the chance to meet him too, and he's a really good, down to earth bloke as well.

Tommy did a session the afternoon before a gig of his I was at where he played requests and answered questions, gave advice etc etc, it was a pleasure to be in the company of such a great guitar player, and he has some funny stories too.

Joe

pigpenz

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Rolling Stones 1965
Liberace, yes
Led Zeppellin 1969
New Riders of the Purple Sage
Jorma Kaukonen
Trini Lopez
Cat Stevens
Its a Beatiful Day
Richie Havens
Desrt Rose Band
Chris Hillman
Palladins
Hacienda Brothers
Deke Dekerson

BigBear

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 pm

jim56 wrote:
Anaheim Stadium 1977 Pink Floyd Animals was outstanding.

Yes!! I saw the same concert in 1977 in Portland with the Flying Pigs. Dogs and Sheep, all great songs! PLus they played Welcome to the Machine from the Wish You Were Here album on the giant round screen. Very intense show! :cheer:

wrench

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 pm

heyjoe wrote:
wrench wrote:
very true, maybe one of Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitars, he did abuse them during the performances quite a bit.

Seeing Tommy Emmanuel live is something else, I've seen him a few times, going to see him again in M010, every time I see him I come away awe-struck at his playing. I've had the chance to meet him too, and he's a really good, down to earth bloke as well.

Tommy did a session the afternoon before a gig of his I was at where he played requests and answered questions, gave advice etc etc, it was a pleasure to be in the company of such a great guitar player, and he has some funny stories too.

Joe
heyjoe,

I asked a co-worker today who he thought was the toughest on guitars - his answer was SRV.

I would still like to see Tommy Emmanuel, but I'm not sure if I could take it. I get tired just watching his videos.

wrench

BigBear

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 pm

I've been to many, many great concerts over the last 40 years but none better than Carlos Santana in the mid 70's when halfway through his set out walks Eric Clapton, UNBILLED!! We had no idea. They jammed for like two hours. We were standing on the top of our seatbacks holding on to each other for dear life!

What a show! :cheer:

BigBear

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 pm

pigpenz wrote:
Rolling Stones 1965
Liberace, yes...
And I thought I was the only one at the Liberace/Yes show!

Anon

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Neil Hogan ... My house Los Gatos California 2008

Second choice was Tim Finn , Lennys , South Australia ...maybe 1995 ??

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:50 am

TGMatt wrote:
Neil Hogan ... My house Los Gatos California 2008

Second choice was Tim Finn , Lennys , South Australia ...maybe 1995 ??
Now there a fine kiwi artist , his nephew is also very good Liam. Amazing if your ever get the chance to hear the family playing Tim, NIla and Liam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic