How about a cover that's BETTER than the original!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks Wilson and Tony for those vids. Really enjoy finding "new" stuff. Checked your youtube out and signed up Wilson... girl Friday was really good. I really hear where you're coming from on the single acoustic versions, like Longtrain Running from Girl Friday, they can be so good. Got something special, reduced and maximized like that. Reduced to the Max, I guess. Same time, loved that JT. Thanks guys.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:28 am

Same thing happened to me on Simple Game by the Moody blues, Suzi. I first heard the Four Tops singing it long before I realized it was a Moody Blues song. This is for tovo: no white honkeys wearing frilly shirts! ;-):

suziko

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 am

Here's another one I just thought of. I'm not sure this is BETTER than Feist's original version (hers is more lounge-y and Conor's is more down-home), but it's still pretty great.

Bright Eyes version of Mushaboom (originally by Feist):

musicrevisited

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Jackson C. Frank's "Blues Run The Game" has been covered a lot. This is my favorite version.

tovo

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Same thing happened to me on Simple Game by the Moody blues, Suzi. I first heard the Four Tops singing it long before I realized it was a Moody Blues song. This is for tovo: no white honkeys wearing frilly shirts! ;-):
Thanks Chris! Hawaiian shirts I can handle but the frilly shirt is definitely not the action I am after. ;)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Same thing happened to me on Simple Game by the Moody blues, Suzi. I first heard the Four Tops singing it long before I realized it was a Moody Blues song. This is for tovo: no white honkeys wearing frilly shirts! :

Thanks Chris! Hawaiian shirts I can handle but the frilly shirt is definitely not the action I am after.
Thanks for tuning in Tony ;-).
Should have post this one... better visual of the no white honkeys (do like the suits though!):

pigpenz

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:57 am

sorry for being late on the reply chas but it would then sort of be like Mr. Tambourine Man with Dylan and the Byrds.

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:26 am

I thought there was a thread on covers that are WORSE than the originals, but couldn't find it. So here's a link to an msn article on their top worst covers..

Britney singing Satisfaction?! I'd rather hear Devo's version, Cabro.
;)

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/p ... d=22583051

tovo

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:33 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I thought there was a thread on covers that are WORSE than the originals, but couldn't find it. So here's a link to an msn article on their top worst covers..

Britney singing Satisfaction?! I'd rather hear Devo's version, Cabro.
;)
Britney is touring Australia at the moment and people are walking out after realizing she lip syncs her show. Even more ridiculous is some people defend that. Why would anyone want to pay to see a whole concert of lip syncing? It's beyond my comprehension. Her concert tickets are now selling for 99cents on ebay. Still too much for me.

haoli25

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 pm

A sincere apology Tony, to all of Oz. There must be some international treaty that forbids 'Britney Tours' from being inflicted on unsuspecting countries. :laugh:

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic