Woodstock at 40

haoli25

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 pm

There are lots of stories about a 40th anniversary
celebration of Woodstock. Most just seem to be rumors
now. It looks like there may be more local celebrations
around the world rather than one large one.

This was the band lineup for Woodstcok in 1969;

Joan Baez
The Band
Blood, Sweat & Tears
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Canned Heat
Joe Cocker
Country Joe McDonald and The Fish
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Crosby, Stills, & Nash
The Grateful Dead
Arlo Guthrie
Tim Hardin
The Keef Hartley Band
Richie Havens
Jimi Hendrix
Incredible String Band
**Iron Butterfly
Jefferson Airplane
Janis Joplin
Melanie
Mountain
Quill
Santana
John Sebastian
Sha-Na-Na
Ravi Shankar
Sly & The Family Stone
Bert Sommer
Sweetwater
Ten Years After
The Who
Johnny Winter
# Neil Young

# Neil Young performed a few songs with Crosby, Stills, & Nash.

** Iron Butterfly was scheduled, but didn't perform because they got stuck at the airport and couldn't make it to the site.

:)

Bill

rcsnydley

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Wow, 40 years, how time flies. I was 13 the summer of Woodstock.

Ric

haoli25

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

I was too young to go also. It must have been a hell of a
show!

BigBear

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:08 pm

In case you missed it, Dateline had a really good show this week looking back at the Festival. Lots of things I didn't remember! My 19 year-old watched the show in amazement! Of course she zeroed in on not taking the brown acid! LOL! She said "They gave public service announcements on the drugs they took?". Yep, that was the 60's! :cheer:

haoli25

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:39 pm

BigBear wrote:
In case you missed it, Dateline had a really good show this week looking back at the Festival. Lots of things I didn't remember! My 19 year-old watched the show in amazement! Of course she zeroed in on not taking the brown acid! LOL! She said "They gave public service announcements on the drugs they took?". Yep, that was the 60's! :cheer:

There are a lot of people that went to or performed at Woodstock that don't remember it clearly either! :laugh:

AndyT

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:50 pm

I remember Woodstock better than many who actually made it to the show.

BigBear

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

haoli25 wrote:
BigBear wrote:

There are a lot of people that went to or performed at Woodstock that don't remember it clearly either! :laugh:
That is so true! :cheer:

eagle670

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am

Went over to Target the other day and they had a whole line of Woodstock t-shirts. I bought one for me and one for my 21 year old daughter. She just recently discovered the Woodstock era. Most of you probably know this but the opening band for Woodstock was a band named "Sweetwater",they were labeled as a progessive rock band for that era. VH1 did a movie about them and my daughter really got into it. Yesterday when I came home, she had just purchased a poster that was a reprint of the original Woodstock promotional billing. The ticket price on the poster, for the 3 day show, was $16.95. Anyway it is great to be able to talk with your kids about a subject that you both are interested in, you don't find that common ground very often or at least I don't.

Kevin

AndyT

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Thats awesome Kevin! Keep the dialogue going!

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:18 am

I was 11 going on 12 lol, and living in Scotland so I wasn't there funny old thing . Imagine the cost of putting a line up like that together again and the admission price. Good ole bad ole days!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic