Who is "Fretkllr"???

hhistory

Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:31 pm

I have been watching this guy all afternoon and blown away by his style and singing voice! Great player whoever he is!

He wont let others embed his videos, so you have to follow the link, or you can just look up "fretkllr" and check him out!

It's amazing what you can find on youtube!

check these others:
Cats in the Cradle and Somewhere over the rainbow!

suziko

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 pm

FretKiller is about as good as they get. That guy can flat out play and has a soulfull singing voice.;)

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm

I have read on another Forum that this could actually be two people, one singing and the other playing. If you watch some songs carefully where ordinarily you would take a large breath for certain lines in songs Fretkllr doesn't. The same forum believe these guys are session musicians. Whatever, they/he are/is pretty awesome with what they do. Fretkllr is the subject on at least three forums all active at present.

6string

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I have read on another Forum that this could actually be two people, one singing and the other playing. If you watch some songs carefully where ordinarily you would take a large breath for certain lines in songs Fretkllr doesn't. The same forum believe these guys are session musicians. Whatever, they/he are/is pretty awesome with what they do. Fretkllr is the subject on at least three forums all active at present.
I'm wondering approx. how many session players are out there these days, I've heard that since present day computers that they aren't needed as much?

BigBear

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:38 pm

I listened to a bunch of this dude's songs on YouTube and I don't believe he sang them all or even if "he" played them all. But whoever performed them is damned good and I'm jealous! :cheer:

quincy451

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:27 pm

My personal opinion. One guy. A tech engineer or some type. Most likely retired or near it. Been playing for years and is just damn good. I ran into a friend of mine in collage that was just like that. I would name a song and he would play it. We stopped at sweet child of mine. He nailed it. And he didn't even think he was that good. He had been playing about 12 years at that point. He still plays but I lost contact.

AndyT

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Agreed -- this guy's videos are amazing. I've been subscribed to his channel for a while now, I'm always psyched to see when there's a new video posted.

The voice seems consistent to me, though I haven't seen every video. And in his little bio on his page, he certainly claims to be one, self-taught guy who plays and sings every song on the spot... or, I guess a couple are multi-tracked. I sort of like imagining that he's some well known guitarist who doesn't sing often, but would otherwise be recognized. He seems to like being anonymous!

Anyway, great thing to share with this community, nice find.

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah whoever he is I hope he keeps them coming He recently threatened to stop You Tube cos Google want to place ads on copyrighted songs to cover costs

mwortman

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:20 pm

does he teach his songs if he is that good

AndyT

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm

From his website:
Welcome to my channel. I post my clips to provide enjoyment to anyone who loves to play or listen to the guitar. My schedule makes it impossible for me to personally reply to messages or questions. I've contracted an intermediary to maintain my channel and send out thank you replies in response to all the positive messages I receive. Thanks for tuning in. - Fret Killer
I'm a self-taught musician who has learned to play primarily by listening to recordings and through self-discovery. My love of folk, blues, bluegrass, country, rock, ragtime, and jazz has been the catalyst for teaching myself to be a proficient flatpicker and fingerpicker. My youtube videos employ a close-up view of my performances to maintain anonymity. They are provided solely for entertainment and not intended as instructional information. I'm not promoting any live appearances and not marketing any recordings, downloads, or music notations. I play by ear and do not use or have music or tabs. All my performances are live, playing guitar and singing simultaneously except for a few that were multi-tracked and these are duly noted in the text information box. I am the sole performer on all my videos. I hope you enjoy my clips and your positive comments are certainly appreciated. The Fretkillr channel does not maintain a 'Friends' list. Thanks for watching. - Fret Killer
Hometown: Long Island, New York

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic