Are we kidding ourselves?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:24 am

Hey Barb, you struck a chord with this thread! As I have said before, this is really Totally Supportive Totally Guitars and the members have waded into the deep waters to bring you swimming rings, swimming lessons, life-rafts and practically the Queen of The Seas. My visual metaphor for you is you as the United Airlines flight crash landing into the Hudson and and all the(TG)Tugboats coming to the rescue. You are, then, Captain Sully Sullenberger having the presence of mind and skill to land that baby in the only safe place available. Way to go Barb, right choice!

I've been loving the advice and support. The killer phrase was our friend BigBear with: "I think you have to keep your eye on the doughnut and not on the hole!!!"
Man, I laughed my head off at that. You can be sure I'll be building that into my coaching at the next opportunity! Amtt's (yes, that' how we lovingly think of him :-) )answer was brill too!

Can I take it all to the next level? I spent the most worthwhile hour ever on the web last night (after TG!) to watch Randy Pausch's Final Lecture. One of the participants at my weekend course gave me the tip. I had great respect and liking for him and I knew I had to see it when I saw the goose bumps on his arm as all those little hairs stood up as he described it to me. He was right! You'll find it here:

One point he makes is, you can choose to be Tiger or Eyaw, make your choice. Image

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 am

@1robekert; thanks for sharing! Sorry about your finger. It's people like you that I should be admiring!! I love it here on TG; Neil & members have been a great release for me being a single parent of not-so-perfect kids myself. You should introduce yourself on the forum thread "Please, introduce yourself here" - think that's it? We love meeting new members & you might end up with a poobah hat, if you're not careful :silly:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:35 am

We love meeting new members & you might end up with a horny hat, if you're not careful
...er Barb, would you quit trying to make the new members horny!(Can I say that? Am I censored yet?)

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:08 am

@Chris; so glad you brought this here! I do remember the anchors of GMA (Diane, Robin & Chris) raving about this guy. Although I intended to check it out, it slipped my mind. I must nominate you "Coach of the Year" ;)

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
We love meeting new members & you might end up with a horny hat, if you're not careful
...er Barb, would you quit trying to make the new members horny!(Can I say that? Am I censored yet?)
:ohmy: It's ok Chris, nobody's watching on Monday!

Let me rephrase "pointy hat"! geez

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 am

'Horny hat'?!

Might be time to retire mine now...

suziko

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 am

AcousticAl wrote: Except the 'Valentino' part?
(not that there's anything wrong with that..)

I thought about adding something like that to my post! :) Unfortunately, there aren't any positive female role models when it comes to women who really love men.

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 am

Suzi - what about Lady Marmalade? JK

Chris - why do you call Matt (AMatt)? am I missing something?

suziko

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:45 am

Barb- Good! Or Cleopatra? :)

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 am

suziko wrote:
Barb- Good! Or Cleopatra? :)
hahaha, she rules! Hey, maybe we should put crowns on our heads?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic