Are we kidding ourselves?

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:58 pm

willem wrote:
BRBbrb wrote:
A BIG THANKS! Like I said just having a "pity party"; like when I try to sing a Stevie Nick's song :ohmy: I do look at my guitar as my bff; & when I see someone else pick her up & do things w/ her that I can't -- well, the green-eyed monster appears :unsure:

Willem; got one of those in your arsenal?
this one???!!! Image
Willem - I knew it! Your closet must be very crowded :woohoo: Thanks, you can be my illustrator ;)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:09 pm

....wild and wonderful thread guys and girls.... we are are own shrinks and motivators.
"Gone for a burton" , Chas, I haven't heard that in years! Wonder if any of our colonial cousins understood it. Just like thingamyjig and whojimmerflip. Not words you hear up Swiss mountains!

BRBbrb

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm

I think Chas & Chris have a language all their own :huh:

wrench

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Bear. I have always been brutally honest and hard on myself to drive myself to excellence. That's just me. But I'm not going to excel at guitar. I'm going to improve, and I hope to improve a lot because I will work for it, but I'm having the most fun of my life doing it, regardless of how far I get.

Now Barb, on the other hand, is hurtin' a little because she thinks she lost a battle of the bands to the next SRV. What Barb is just now figuring out is that the only battle she is in is with Barb, and we're not going to let her lose.

We may lose a little altitude from time to time, but nobody, and I mean nobody, hits the ground at TG.

Thanks again Bear.

wrench

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm

wrench wrote:
We may lose a little altitude from time to time, but nobody, and I mean nobody, hits the ground at TG.

Thanks again Bear.

wrench
Well said Wrench!

Keep playing and flyin' along folks!

:laugh:

goldleaf

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Hey, don't forget O'l Tom who had to give up his membership cause he turned 70 and couldn't catch a barre F. We were sending him encouraging posts 3 months after he left his 1 post before we decided O'l Tom went Walk About. Here's one for O'l Tom, come back Tom we let you down, should have told you about alternate tuning. That damn barre F. This is for you Tom where ever you are. Gary

goldleaf

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Barb, have you figured out how to get those funny critters etc. that clap and roll over and do all kinds of things. I read right click on it and be sure to give it an name that ended with .gig like clapingcritter.gif. I think I need further instrustion in addition to rt. click name .gif. They are cool like to learn how to do it. Gary

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:04 am

BRBbrb wrote:
I think Chas & Chris have a language all their own :huh:
Correct Barb its called English..

AndyT

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 am

Thingamajig, Doohickey, Whatchamacallit, Dealie... These are all common words in American Anglish. LOL. Or at least they used to be....

BRBbrb

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 am

goldleaf wrote:
Barb, have you figured out how to get those funny critters etc. that clap and roll over and do all kinds of things. I read right click on it and be sure to give it an name that ended with .gig like clapingcritter.gif. I think I need further instrustion in addition to rt. click name .gif. They are cool like to learn how to do it. Gary
Yeah I figured it out, but don't have many downloaded - I'll just call on Willem! As for my guitar; it is now in tune, I think. I use a battery operated Korg; but like I said somebody who really knows what they're doing will probably say "can't you hear it's out of tune?" Ummm - no :dry:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic