Are we kidding ourselves?

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 am

BRBbrb wrote:
Suzi - what about Lady Marmalade? JK

Chris - why do you call Matt (AMatt)? am I missing something?

He's poking fun at Matt's typing skills.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:17 am

[quote]Chris - why do you call Matt (AMatt)? am I missing something?/quote]

... YOU arn't missing anything Barb... Amtt is! It's a little jibe at Matt's way of typing on the site. He's typing so frenetically that he's mishitting the keys sometimes... and we think he's a little dyslexic too! So, it's just our respectful way way of jossing Amtt. Not sure if it was Al or Chas who first wrote Amtt ... I'm just holding up the idea until it becomes chiseled in stone here...:lol:

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chris - why do you call Matt (AMatt)? am I missing something?/quote]

... YOU arn't missing anything Barb... Amtt is! It's a little jibe at Matt's way of typing on the site. He's typing so frenetically that he's mishitting the keys sometimes... and we think he's a little dyslexic too! So, it's just our respectful way way of jossing Amtt. Not sure if it was Al or Chas who first wrote Amtt ... I'm just holding up the idea until it becomes chiseled in stone here...:lol:

It wasn't me!
(don't touch my karma, Matt:)

BigBear

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm

wrench wrote:
I have achieved my goal - I suck at guitar! If you don't believe me, watch my video.

Dan- I just gave you some karma because you are SO wrong! lol! Trust me, you don't suck at guitar at all. Who the hell told you that? Or is that your inner voice whispering that because you are relatively new to this instrument you therefore must be terrible at it? Nonsense! We can all tell that you have worked damned hard to get to this point!!

I don't want to blow sunshine up your tailpipe but you are a whole lot better than you think you are and you should be very pleased with your progress. The guitar is like golf, you can never master it but some days you can really have it going right! I'd bet you a beer that even the Great Oz (Neil) has days where he says to himself, "Geez, I suck today!". I know I sure do. The only difference is I have a LOT more of them! lol!!

Take care buddy, and stop beating yourself up!! :cheer:

willem

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:49 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
A BIG THANKS! Like I said just having a "pity party"; like when I try to sing a Stevie Nick's song :ohmy: I do look at my guitar as my bff; & when I see someone else pick her up & do things w/ her that I can't -- well, the green-eyed monster appears :unsure:

Willem; got one of those in your arsenal?
this one???!!! Image

BigBear

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

This thread is getting pretty long but I wanted to suggest that all of us suck to some degree and all of us are great to some degree. This site, this TARGET program, isn't intended for the musically gifted, that's what Julliard or Berklee are for.

It seems to me that this site is for normal people, with limited intuitive musical talents, who have the inner drive to get better. Not to become professionals, not to play like Clapton or even Neil but to play for the sheer joy and satifaction that comes from making music ourselves.

I don't play Guitar Hero. I play an acoustic and electric guitar. I don't pretend to be a guitarist. I am one, for whatever skills I possess or can attain! I make no apologies for my lack of playing or singing skills. They are what they are and I am a better person for learning what I know. Feel free to judge me harshly but you don't walk in my moccasins,nor I in yours, and you have no idea that this simple instrument of wood and steel may have saved my life and been my salvation after some pretty terrible events in my life.

So yes, every day is a blessing gifted to me from my Maker and this guitar means more to me than you can possibly imagine. And good or bad, I intend on enjoying every second of it!!! All things in perspective!!!

Cheers!! :cheer:

willem

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 pm

BigBear wrote:
This thread is getting pretty long but I wanted to suggest that all of us suck to some degree and all of us are great to some degree. This site, this TARGET program, isn't intended for the musically gifted, that's what Julliard or Berklee are for.

It seems to me that this site is for normal people, with limited intuitive musical talents, who have the inner drive to get better. Not to become professionals, not to play like Clapton or even Neil but to play for the sheer joy and satifaction that comes from making music ourselves.

I don't play Guitar Hero. I play an acoustic and electric guitar. I don't pretend to be a guitarist. I am one, for whatever skills I possess or can attain! I make no apologies for my lack of playing or singing skills. They are what they are and I am a better person for learning what I know. Feel free to judge me harshly but you don't walk in my moccasins,nor I in yours, and you have no idea that this simple instrument of wood and steel may have saved my life and been my salvation after some pretty terrible events in my life.

So yes, every day is a blessing gifted to me from my Maker and this guitar means more to me than you can possibly imagine. And good or bad, I intend on enjoying every second of it!!! All things in perspective!!!

CHEERS MAN YOUR BLESSED,

BigBear

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:29 pm

willem wrote:
CHEERS MAN YOUR BLESSED,

Yes I am and thank you very much!! :cheer:

haoli25

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 pm

BigBear wrote:

Well said, Rick. Karma for you. :)

Bill

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:20 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chris - why do you call Matt (AMatt)? am I missing something?/quote]

I concede twas me srroy Amtt arkma gne fro a burton oll

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic