Saw Doctors - New to me, but love this song.....

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 am

Hey everyone!

A friend of mine sent me this link last night. I had never heard of these guys. No doubt some of you have, but I thought I would share it anyway. I thought the song was very good.

Hope you enjoy it!

MJ

reiver

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 am

MJ- check out their song I Useta Love Her on YT. Great for parties.

r

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm

reiver wrote:
MJ- check out their song I Useta Love Her on YT. Great for parties.

r
Will do, thanks for the lead. These guys have a great sound....

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Reiver:

Just checked it out. Nice beat to it and another good song. Will have to look into some of their albums now.....

Just what I need, more music......ahhhhh

ncsurfer

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow! It's great to see interest in these guys. These fellas are great to see live! I've seen them five times in three states and would drive any distance to see them again. They have a couple of dvds that capture some of their live energy, I recommend their "Live In Galway" dvd since it also has a documentary that profiles the group...good lads having fun.

I would like to learn some of their songs but don't have the chops to come up with an arrangement on my own....yet. "To Win Just Once" and "Clare Island" are classics. I understand that these guys were bigger than U2 at one point in Ireland.

Thank you for posting your interest in the Saw Doctors, hope to see more converts! Keep posting new bands and music , I listen to everything!

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 pm

ncsurfer:

That is very cool that you know them and have seen them. I just heard them for the first time this morning and already like them more than U2!!!!! Not a fan of U2 at all. Can do without Bono...... I have no doubts that if you hang around this site long enough, you WILL have the chops to make an arrangement of their stuff on your own. Would be fun to give it a go. I will be checking into more of their stuff this weekend. I like what I hear so far!

MJ

reiver

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I've seen them a couple of times too. It is a party.

r

johnrfeeney

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 pm

very nice - like their sound
think i'll try to figure it out this weekend - doesn't sound difficult
very melodic
AM going to check they out on utube

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic