Classical Gas

quincy451

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:44 am

beat up guitar. Yea I don't think the guitar has that much to do with the way Tommy sounds. I think he could pick up anything and sound great.
As for playing like that. My project for 2010 is to play that. Song does not look that hard.

And I think those who think Tommy plays too many notes would have to agree not on this one.

dennisg

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for that Video Quincy, wonderful sound! I have two questions:

Why is Tommy wearing headphones, no one else is playing anything?

And, if I get an old beat up guitar, can I play like that? ;-)

I think he's listening to one of Al's uploads.

Tommy loves to do energetic percussion on his guitar, scraping it raw with his fingerpicks.

- Tiny Oak

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:19 pm

That's funny Dennis. I really enjoyed the second piece of music 'Those Who Wait'.

I know that people are passionate about music and artists that touch them. We should probably just leave it at that.

(Now THERE'S the Canadian coming out in me!)

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

And, if I get an old beat up guitar, can I play like that? ;-)
The old beat up guitar is available to everyday joe blogs like you and I its a Maton EGB808 TE. The inlay at the 12th fret is the initials C.G.P. which stands for "Certified Guitar Player", an acknowledgement given to Tommy by the late Chet Atkins. Not many people have that honour and can place that on their guitars. It is fitted with a pickup and an internal condenser microphone, to which he has given the nickname "Mouse" due to its quieter volume unplugged but massive sound when plugged into an amp

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic