Al Stewart and Dave Nachmanoff in Concert!!

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Bear thanks for such a great description. Sometimes I feel like I haven't listened to music at all with all the artists I'm being introduced to, they are good as well, and no frilly shirts! It's cool that Neil has played with these guys as well (or did they play with him?!)

BigBear

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Neil wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
I think TG can arrange an AlStewart, Dave N , Neil H concert if you wanted us to
Interestingly, the 1st two times I played with Al it was with Dave as well. Particularly fun were Night Train To Munich where Dave played violin, and trading solos on Year Of The Cat. I also backed Al up solo for Fields Of France, a really haunting tune from Last Days Of The Century. I don't think we captured any audio or video back then, unfortunately.

Neil

Neil- They played Night Train to Munich Thursday night. Spectacular!

what do you think of Dave as a guitarist? He flies around the fretboard with utter abandon!

BigBear

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm

tovo wrote:
Bear thanks for such a great description. Sometimes I feel like I haven't listened to music at all with all the artists I'm being introduced to, they are good as well, and no frilly shirts! It's cool that Neil has played with these guys as well (or did they play with him?!)
Tony- it's pretty rarified air with guitarists like Neil , Al and Dave. Al is probably a much better player than he demonstrates but he leaves the heavy lifting to Dave.

Hearing Neil play with these guys would be the treat of a lifetime! I can only imagine!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic