The Who At The Super Bowl

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 am

I was surprised how bad Daltry's voice sounded.
BigBear.
I was surprised by how great Roger Daltry's voice was, considering it was a live performance and the guy's in his 60s.
Dennisg
Yeah, that was interesting to hear. I've some thoughts on that and maybe it's an interesting subject for a new thread so I'll post there...

BRBbrb

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 am

Haven't The Who toured lately? Wonder if they are better in a different setting! Still love them tho ;)

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

I thought they were just plain horrible......I like The Who and was just a bit disappointed. But, geriatric rock is what it is.....lol Great game and kudos to the Saints who deserved their victory.

MJ

BobR

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I have always been a pretty big Who fan, but I was not overly impressed last night. It was OK. Seemed they got a bit better toward the end (IMHO). But who am I to judge? :lol: I am still trying to learn Pinball wizard.

Bob

beaker

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:34 pm

I have always loved the Who!!! especially when I was younger. I saw The Kids are Alright at a movie theater jammed with mods who all drove up on their Vespa's. Anyway, that was then. From my perspective the Who were just plain embarrasing at the Superbowl. My friend and I watched and could not stop talking about how much it sucked!!! I will try to put it out of my memory and try to pretend it never happened. Beaker.

leeson

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 pm

I thought it was great to see them! I am glad they didn't die before they got old like SO many others. So, some of it was prerecorded and they look a few pounds heavier; their voices have aged. At least they are up there doing it. Good on ya, mates.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic