Tommy Emmanuel, at the Strawberry Music Festival... The best venue ever!!

mcfingers

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been busy with my school year winding down so I have been delinquent about checking things. I just found out that Tommy E. will be playing at the Strawberry Music Festival near Yosemite Park on Sept 5th 2010. This is a one of the best music festivals anywhere. My wife and I have been volunteering at the festival for last last 10 years or so. It is held at the City of San Francisco's Campground facility, Camp Mather, right outside the gates to the Hetchhetchy Reservoir which is part of Yosemite Park.

It is a camping festival, tent to RV's. 1,2,3 or 4 day festival passes are available. Tommy E. is playing Sunday night 9/5/10, 8:45pm. If anyone decides to go I would love to meet up with you so we can jam around the campfire.

Believe me, if you have never been to this festival, it can not be adequately described. Imagine being in the high Sierra's at night listening to hundreds of campsites playing music. Literally, every campsite there has music going on after the Main stage closes around 10-11pm. Walking through the pines a hearing all kinds of beautiful acoustic music wafting through the cool night air is something you will remember for a long, long time.

Sorry for gushing, but it really is a fantastic thing to behold.
You all would love it.

www.strawberrymusic.com

Check it out and if you can make it let me know so I can help you find our camp. Whether you go for a day or for all 4 you won't regret it.

Here is the Main Stage in "Music Meadow" AWESOME

Hope to see some of you there,

Steve

johnrfeeney

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

wish i could be there

snoopy64

Sun May 02, 2010 11:56 am

Me too.
I've to wait until November to see him again in Germany. And ... I'm going to meet him in person :) . Can't wait ...
Birgit

mcfingers

Sun May 02, 2010 8:44 pm

snoopy64 wrote:
Me too.
I've to wait until November to see him again in Germany. And ... I'm going to meet him in person :) . Can't wait ...
Birgit
In person, very cool. I will try to get some pics of his performance to share. I hope that maybe others will be able to attend. Hope so... Steve

ktyevols

Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Just got tickets to see him here in Charleston SC on June 26............Looking forward to that special night indeed......Ken

jayswett

Sun May 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Not to be a downer, but how are the bugs?

mcfingers

Sun May 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Ahhh, good camping question Jay.
Honestly, they have never been a problem. It cools off quickly enough at night that I've never even notice them. In the spring we see more dragonflys than mosquitoes. :) In 10 years I have never used bug spray or any thing. They sometimes warn of Bears in the area, but again we have never had or heard of a problem in the campground....Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic