This guy is worth checking out.....

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 am

I was searching for a song or two the other day, and this guy came up on both of them. His renditions were quite good. Thought I would share this link.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Iggypres

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 am

Nice tip MJ! His version of Sailing is lovely. It helps that he's playing a Takamine.... er, and not another make I just can't recall at the moment... :-) Postman ring today?

haoli25

Tue May 04, 2010 9:40 am

Another of those very talented guys from The Netherlands! :) Nice find Jason. If you have not already, check out his arrangement of "Nothing Else Matters".

Bill

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice tip MJ! His version of Sailing is lovely. It helps that he's playing a Takamine.... er, and not another make I just can't recall at the moment... :-) Postman ring today?
Chris: Thought you would notice the Takamine.... B) Sailing was one of the songs I was looking for. I have always enjoyed that song.

Postman came last Friday, but it was a sweatshirt.....lol I talked to Billy yesterday and all looks well for delivery next week. As much as time has been flying, that will be here before I know it..... B)

J

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 am

haoli25 wrote:
Another of those very talented guys from The Netherlands! :) Nice find Jason. If you have not already, check out his arrangement of "Nothing Else Matters".

Bill
Bill:

I did! Once I found Sailing and More than a Feeling, I took the time to listen to pretty much all of the clips he has. I really enjoyed all of his renditions. Guys like Neil and Iggy who can put their own spin on a song amaze me. I have a hard enough time just playing the chords, or just picking out a little melody. Trying to do both, yeah right..... :lol:

J

wrench

Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks for sharing this with us Jason. He's really good, and I am very impressed with his collection of covers, BUT, his original compositions do something different, and I can't describe what that is. I heard this before I knew it wasn't a cover, but I just knew it was his own. My journey NEEDS to go somewhere like this.

This is one beautiful piece of music.

OOPS! - I don't think I got the link right. It's called Moonwalk Nocturne, and it's in the channel Jason linked us to.

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Dan:

Great piece there. I would love to have my journey get me to this point as well. I have no doubts that it will, if I work hard enough.... B)

willem

Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Jason,,wauw,and he lives in the Netherlands,never heard from him,,i go on some research,,,i don't think we beat him..lol

When he gives shows i let you know,,,

Music Junkie

Tue May 04, 2010 3:54 pm

willem wrote:
Jason,,wauw,and he lives in the Netherlands,never heard from him,,i go on some research,,,i don't think we beat him..lol

When he gives shows i let you know,,,
Willem:

That would be interesting. I'll bet the show would be great. Keep me posted.... :)

mcfingers

Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Check out his arrangement of "While My Guitar Gentle Weeps", WOW!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic