Antoine Dufour

dekotaj

Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Was just watching this guitarist playing on u-tube.Just amazing!

Kevin

tom18

Thu May 06, 2010 9:32 pm

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing it.
Tom

wrench

Thu May 06, 2010 9:43 pm

When I searched the internet the first time for a video of a solo guitarist, Antoine Dufour was the first one I found. He has some really interesting music, but most of it is in alternate - and I mean REAL ALTERNATE - tunings. Thanks for putting this up for us Kevin.

mcfingers

Thu May 06, 2010 10:10 pm

I was listening to his Cold Day piece. Boy, he sure has harmonics down. Anybody know what kind of bracing he has attached to his guitar? It looks like it is screwed in to the body.

Steve

wrench

Thu May 06, 2010 10:28 pm

mcfingers wrote:
I was listening to his Cold Day piece. Boy, he sure has harmonics down. Anybody know what kind of bracing he has attached to his guitar? It looks like it is screwed in to the body.

Steve
It's a Neck-Up. It's not screwed in, it fastens to the end pin and with a suction cup at the other end.

dekotaj

Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 am

Steve I was wondering the same thing.wrench,Thanks for the answer.

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 08, 2010 1:42 am

Kevin, Antoine Dufour is a local artist here in Quebec, but I have only a passing
acquaintance with his music. That's part of the beauty of TG: you, from Illinois,
can jump-start my interest in a local musician.

Of course this is a beautiful rendition.
The only tech comment I can make: I feel squeamish seeing his pick between his lips.
I regularly correct myself when I put a nail or screw there when I need a 3rd arm.

I hope he learns Neil's "hidden pick" trick sometime soon !

Pierre

dekotaj

Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 am

Hey Pierre,

I hear what your saying.Even this site sometimes amazes me.People hear from all over the world talking to each other.WOW isn't it cool.I did not know he was from Canada.So many great guitarist for your country.And that hidden pick thing Neil dose,not so easy.But he sure makes it look easy.Hell he makes playing the guitar look easy.What talent.

Kevin

jim56

Sat May 08, 2010 9:41 am

Kevin,

Thanks for the lead on this guitarist! I've learned a few techniques from watching him.
That's whats so cool about this forum is discovering other guitarists. I've never heard of John Renbourn or Tommy Emmanuel or Antoine Dufour until I found TG and you guys.

Thanks for posting this video. Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic