Just saw a great show: ever heard of "The Musical Box"?

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:50 am

"The Musical Box" is a band that has toured worldwide exclusively playing Genesis music for over 15 years, but is SO much more than just a "tribute" band. Each show aims to be a true replica of the original show as given by the lineup at the time, the singer being either Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins.

The show I saw last night was a trip to the "Trick of the Tail" tour with costumes, effects and a great deal of attention to how Phil Collins adapted to being front man for the band for the first time.

I am still stunned by this band (The Musical Box), and have gained a new appreciation for the work Collins did back then ... he could really sing like a bird, and all these musicians are virtuosos.

Here are a couple of samples :)

And here's one of my favorites from the "Trick of the Tail" tour, by the REAL Genesis:

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 am

That must have been a great show, I only heard about it after the fact on the radio. I hear they come every year to Montreal. I will make sure to attend next year.

What are the odds that someone has the same face , the same voice and a great presence on stage as Phil Collins? He must be a clone.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:59 pm

HI Pierre, Thanks for the post, i've never heard of these guys but I will certainly keep an eye out in future, NZ gets quite a few cover bands, we just don't get the real thing much.

Cheers
Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic